New: 1212 - Super Mario Advance 4 (U)

THE FROZEN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
The USA version supports the e-reader cards, so it's an important release, i hope this dump is good
rolleyes.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, that one is 32 mbit (CRC32 of A44BA79F). The one I have is 64 mbit (CRC32 of B2401FA3) like the European release. Which is the best dump?
Neither one is better. The European version has more languages so it is a bigger file, the US version supports E-Reader, though this does us no good on an emulator.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, that one is 32 mbit (CRC32 of A44BA79F). The one I have is 64 mbit (CRC32 of B2401FA3) like the European release. Which is the best dump?
Neither one is better. The European version has more languages so it is a bigger file, the US version supports E-Reader, though this does us no good on an emulator.
Actually, with possibly VBA Cheats or Gameshark/PAR, you can use it to get the features only in the E-Reader...

THE FROZEN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
This is the idea i posted a few weeks ago on GBAtemp, i wanted to remind it to you guys:

QUOTE said:
read this

http://pocket.ign.com/articles/451/451854p1.html

in short, in Super Mario Advance 4:SMB3, there will be the option to add levels and items using 2 GBA systems, e-reader, and e-cards, this is known, but here's the point:

up to 32 levels can be saved into the cart, which gives me the idea, most of us can't get 2 GBAs, E-reader and all those e-cards, that's why we can share what we get online
which means, let's say someone gets the game, he got the 2 GBA systems, E-reader and cards, he saves the levels on the cart, and then uploads his save file to the net, and we can all enjoy those new levels!

what do you say?

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe they couldn't understand what kind of savegame type isÂ
rolleyes.gif

with just one language the dump is half the size of eu version..Â
biggrin.gif
the (e)-version isn't 64MBit... that's just if you count all the garbage data
it's more like 46 if you truncate it.
that's the thing with european games...
the games are always twice the size of the us-releases, but once you strip the roms, they're just slightly over the us-releases

CharlieF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Hmmm, that one is 32 mbit (CRC32 of A44BA79F). The one I have is 64 mbit (CRC32 of B2401FA3) like the European release. Which is the best dump? "
I think I've been missunderstood. I have two U.S.A. versions of the rom. One from independent and one I dumped on my own. Am I to assume that my 64 mbit copy is an overdump or am I to assume that the independent dump has been truncated? I don't know how to examine them to determine this.

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow, i hope with codes you can access the e-reader fetures, i mean with VBA
well not likely according to IGN's article the level data and stuff are on the cards soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..............

THAT SUCKS!!!!
mad.gif

QUOTEsry but how do i use it?

Just put the savefile in the same folder as the rom you extracted from the zip

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i tried flashing this onto my flash, but after i put the sav into the flash, it still says corrupt data???
They have to match in name.

I.E: Super Mario Bros 3.gba and Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros 3.sav won't work together. They both have to be the same.

Try that.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am using a Flash Advance card. When i put SMA4 on, it said, "save data corrupt". So i read the comments here, and saw i needed the .sav. I put that on the cartridge and the save data is still corrupt. Does anyone know how to fix this?? And yes, the sav and .gba are named the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: