Gaming Netgear Router help

iYoshi-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah so i got a new router, Its a Netgear DGN2000, It didnt come with a disk, so i installed it using the setup wizard, everything went fine, it detected internet and the wireless is working, but it wont let me connect to the net, even though it detects it...
dry.gif

Help plz

BTW posted this in the right spot?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This is the right spot. In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be in the manual settings of the router. Are you on cable or DSl?

iYoshi-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes yes ive done all that, i did it manually following steps my friend has done, and used the setup wizard.
I click Connection Status and it says its connected and all good, Yet it wont let me onto the net.

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Check your Ip address when connected directly to the modem first, and make sure they are not the same with the Ip address of your router. If thats not the case, reset your router, do a manual install (setting the connection to PPPoe, input username and pass) and after that do a powercycle for 1 min. If all of that doesnt work, you may try upgrading the router's firmware, reset and then the manual install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.