XP
Country
Gambia, The
chop said:
Fastfix the individual iso's
then add to the multi iso creator, then tick the shrink boxes
then create your multi iso.

Fastfix the individual iso's:
You mean fstfix, right? Hmm, yes this should also shrink the games as far as possible i think. If not, you need to shrink before this.

then add to the multi iso creator, then tick the shrink boxes:
Fail. This would kill the 32K fix again.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
From the cIOSX d2x thread..

Fox888 said:
Thanks davebaol for all your work on this..
can confirm that Mighty Channels runs real good on v3b3.....
and as a bonus (i never liked r20 and up, because some Backup GC games don´t work with neogamma)..But they do now like they did with r19....
yaywii.gif

and WiiFlow runs great with this
yaywii.gif

Thank you so much for you work on this
bow.gif

The games run with MIOS and not cIOS/IOS and the app runs from cIOS so whats the main differens between these versions that could make this possible. I'm just curious
wink.gif

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I guess he has next-to-bad burns and rev19 and this accept his discs, while 20 and unpatched 21 do not.

interesting, to bad i can´t test with my org. copy of the game (it is to damage to be played)

btw i think i never said thank you for this great app so : Thank you WiiPower for all your work on this
smile.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS are used by Wii Games and mIOS is used by GC Games only. That's the only diff.

IceIceBird said:
From the cIOSX d2x thread..

Fox888 said:
Thanks davebaol for all your work on this..
can confirm that Mighty Channels runs real good on v3b3.....
and as a bonus (i never liked r20 and up, because some Backup GC games don´t work with neogamma)..But they do now like they did with r19....
yaywii.gif

and WiiFlow runs great with this
yaywii.gif

Thank you so much for you work on this
bow.gif

The games run with MIOS and not cIOS/IOS and the app runs from cIOS so whats the main differens between these versions that could make this possible. I'm just curious
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope, if the cIOS just can't read the disc, the cMIOS is never booted for a gamcube game. But if it gets into the internal GC loader, then the cIOS doesn't matter anymore at all.

Bongo Kong

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I'm new and I wanted to ask a thing. In the GC backup launcher compatibility list for Resident Evil 0 is stated : "Works shrunk and on a multi-game ISO. Black screen & distorted audio after placing the last tablet "UNITY" on the control panel." If I remeber correctly this event occurs a little before disk1 ending (not sure tough, I played it a long ago). This means the game has some problems but you can go on playing or it hangs and become unplayable after this point? I just made a backup of my original RE series mini-dvds burning them on 3 DVD-R 4.7 and they seems to work perfectly....so far. If someone has tried please tell me what exactly happen at that point.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english!
tongue.gif

MrWiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm having a problem with Neogamma.

I'm freezing at the "Loading Game..." screen. It see's the game and loads its ID...it does not give any other error except the stream audio one on some games.

I'm using Wiigator v10 and tried Neogamma R9 beta 43 & 47.

I've tried several different games on different disc.
I've tried every combo of settings in Neogamma, I can think of.

I just am not sure what else to try.

Brentallini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of a wierd question (if it was asked in a previous post that I missed, my apologies).

Is it relatively safe to continually load Wii back-ups (from my own collection) from a USB thumb drive / HDD using NeoGamma's USB loading feature? Or will there be complications sometime down the road.

Reason I ask is because when I try CFG loader and USB Loader GX they won't load the games from the devices no matter which IOS I try to use, yet NeoGamma loads the majority of titles without a problem. Mind you USB Loader GX can back-up a disc as well it just won't load unless I switch loaders to Neo.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Brentallini said:
Kind of a wierd question (if it was asked in a previous post that I missed, my apologies).

Is it relatively safe to continually load Wii back-ups (from my own collection) from a USB thumb drive / HDD using NeoGamma's USB loading feature? Or will there be complications sometime down the road.

Reason I ask is because when I try CFG loader and USB Loader GX they won't load the games from the devices no matter which IOS I try to use, yet NeoGamma loads the majority of titles without a problem. Mind you USB Loader GX can back-up a disc as well it just won't load unless I switch loaders to Neo.

That's odd. If you set CFG to use IOS249, it should reach the same compatibilty as NeoGamma. Maybe you need to set it twice or something? Or set it to WBFS manually?

Brentallini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Brentallini said:

That's odd. If you set CFG to use IOS249, it should reach the same compatibilty as NeoGamma. Maybe you need to set it twice or something? Or set it to WBFS manually?

Setting it twice worked, though it still raises a few questions as to why it did not work initially since I had everything configured with the proper settings.

Guess that goes to show how superior NeoGamma is with its simple on-the-fly interface opposed to a pristine GUI driven cluster F with elegant box art. (not to give you a big ego!) Just kidding.

Thanks, sir! Though you probably answered it with the shared compatibility with CFG and Neo - should there be any worries with continual use of NeoGamma's USB function over CFG as far as stability goes?

_R_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which IOS would one have to upgrade to make NeoGamma's Gamecube saves unrecognizable while simultaneously making legitimate Gamecube saves visible?

I don't actually know if NeoGamma is actually relevant here, but my problem is that after a long period of time of not updating my Wii (maybe a year) I finally got around to upgrading a couple cIOSes and the cMIOS, but now my Tales of Symphonia save from before the updating is not visible on the GC memory card while playing. However, saves made from my legit copy of the game which were previously invisible/unusable now appear and are playable. The Wii recognizes all the saves (legit or backup) as Tales of Symphonia saves in the manager.

For reference, I believe I was using a beta for R8. Possibly a later version of R7. I think my 249 revision was in the single digits, so pretty old. The cMIOS was probably the oldest working one.

If anyone has ANY clue what would be causing this, I'd love to know. This isn't the only game I played before updating and I'd hate to lose those saves too.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One version of WiiGator's or Waninkoko's GC backup loader did screw up something related to the disc id of gamecube saves.

Maybe if you post a thread with "How do i fix broken gamecube saves from the old GC backup launcher", somebody will jump in and help you to convert your save.

_R_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably exactly it. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Yep, right on the money. The save didn't have an identifying number at all. For posterity's sake, I fixed this by transfering the save to my computer and using a hex editor to change the first 6 characters to game's identifier (the disc ID that appears when you run the loader).

Again, thanks a bunch. 25 hours I don't have to redo.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spacetech said:
Is there anyway you can get Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 to work? There must be some way to get it to load.

Did you see the first post?

QUOTEKnown and confirmed not working gamecube backups:

- Phantasy Star Online 1+2+3(black screen with normal plugin, "an error occured" with high plugin)
- 007 Everything or Nothing(more details required)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard it's working in Swiss, so i asked emu_kidid about it. But what he told me didn't help me further, i still have no clue what's wrong, so i can't even begin to work on a solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz