JDishCorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
JDishCorp said:
When i try to play a backup it gives me "DVD err(1208), disk ID. Any fixes?

Latest version? Does it say more? DVD+R?
Oh yeah, its dvd+r. does it work with dvd + r?

EDIT: So i've installed your patched cmios and when i try to play gc backups in neogamma r9, it gives the error "No dvd (n)"

DealerOfChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently downloaded Neogamma to boot games from a USB but there is no option showing up to do that. The only option that shows up is launch game on DVD but there is no second option below that which lets me toggle between dvd and usb. How do i fix this? Or do you have another way for me to boot up games through a USB?

JDishCorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DealerOfChaos said:
I have recently downloaded Neogamma to boot games from a USB but there is no option showing up to do that. The only option that shows up is launch game on DVD but there is no second option below that which lets me toggle between dvd and usb. How do i fix this? Or do you have another way for me to boot up games through a USB?
Try USB Loader GX

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JDishCorp said:
WiiPower said:
[...]

Latest version? Does it say more? DVD+R?
Oh yeah, its dvd+r. does it work with dvd + r?

EDIT: So i've installed your patched cmios and when i try to play gc backups in neogamma r9, it gives the error "No dvd (n)"

If it's a gamecube game, it still wouldn't help you, as even without any MIOS installed you should be able to pass the disc id reading. And "Error: No DVD (n)" means that something is completely screwed up. Do you have a cIOS? Did you set the booktype to DVD-R?

DealerOfChaos said:

I would bet that you don't have a cIOS installed.

QUOTE(JDishCorp @ Aug 12 2010, 07:44 PM)
[...]
Try USB Loader GX

Hey if you recommend another usb loader in my thread, then CFG!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey WiiPower, I apologize in advance for what I know is an annoying question...

any idea how close u r 2 a neogamma r9 final release? I've been getting PMs asking for another auto-boot mod of your beta's, but I don't want to bother until u have a solid official release.

If u don't know, or if its not anytime soon, that's okay, i'm just wondering

Thx man!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:

any idea how close u r 2 a neogamma r9 final release? I've been getting PMs asking for another auto-boot mod of your beta's, but I don't want to bother until u have a solid official release.

Thx man!

About this:
When i release the next beta, i will wait a little before i do something on it. This should give you the time to do your autoboot mod stuff on it. Then you give it me, and i integrate it into the official version with some #define. So that "make autoboot=yes" builds your version from the official source.

How about it?

wanders said:
QUOTE(cobleman @ Aug 12 2010, 03:11 AM) Cool windwaker pal no longer freezes on mini map

Oh yeah? You managed to get WW fixed, WiiPower?

If so, that's outstanding.

Only Wind Waker PAL. On NTSC, you might have luck with WiiGator's cMIOS based on rev5, his loader, the patched MIOS boot option in combination with a 1:1 copy. Another way would be some extensive testing that requires an usb gecko.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
wanders said:
cobleman said:
Cool windwaker pal no longer freezes on mini map

Oh yeah? You managed to get WW fixed, WiiPower?

If so, that's outstanding.

yaywii.gif
I agree 110% of the way. I've got the game as an original so have never seen this bug but I've heard about it a LOT for a long, long time. I've even heard some say it can't be fixed.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well as it looks for me, Wind Waker does something that only works on a gamecube, so on disc channel the MIOS patches the game to really work on wii.

==> With everything that really uses MIOS to boot GC games, you won't see this bug. And on everything that does not use MIOS(this includes all loaders, except WiiGator's loader + use patched MIOS option) to boot GC games, you get the bug, no matter if it's a retail disc, backup, multi game disc or whatever. I would even go as far to predict this issue on SD-Boot. [DIOS-MIOS shouldn't have this issue, as it uses the MIOS code to boot games]

Now for NeoGamma, i just looked what MIOS patched for the PAL version, and made a patch from it.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoGamma is not working for Gamecube games at all.

Whenever I launch a game from gamecube launcher the game runs fine.. try to run from NeoGamma and it reports game has audio streams expect missing audio.

Any method besides powering off system to get out of a Gamecube game? Is the only method to use the physical power button on the WII itself?

So what is wrong with my setup for NeoGamma?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
XFlak said:

Thx man!

About this:
When i release the next beta, i will wait a little before i do something on it. This should give you the time to do your autoboot mod stuff on it. Then you give it me, and i integrate it into the official version with some #define. So that "make autoboot=yes" builds your version from the official source.

How about it?
Sounds good 2 me, hopefully this doesn't happen sometime from Aug 28-Sept10ish cuz I may have trouble finding time to do the mod and I would hate to hold up development of neogamma for that long just cuz u are waiting for my silly simple edits!

But yea, I'll just do what I normally do though, and u will have to figure out how to best integrate it with the official version (cuz that's beyond me)!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
malaac said:
NeoGamma is not working for Gamecube games at all.

Whenever I launch a game from gamecube launcher the game runs fine.. try to run from NeoGamma and it reports game has audio streams expect missing audio.

Any method besides powering off system to get out of a Gamecube game? Is the only method to use the physical power button on the WII itself?

So what is wrong with my setup for NeoGamma?

And does it boot the game after the warning or not?

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Only Wind Waker PAL. On NTSC, you might have luck with WiiGator's cMIOS based on rev5, his loader, the patched MIOS boot option in combination with a 1:1 copy.

Interesting. I will try this out whenever I get the time.

Good work anyways on getting PAL properly fixed.

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DealerOfChaos said:
Do you try to select left/right on the Wiimote in the DVD option? It will show you USB and HD load options

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marquesduarte said:
DealerOfChaos said:
Do you try to select left/right on the Wiimote in the DVD option? It will show you USB and HD load options

I already said that i bet he doesn't have a cIOS. NeoGamma hides the usb options if it's not running on a cIOS.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi WiiPower, I was just curious if you have plans to include IOS Selection Choices in the Options. Similar to the USBLoaders, so we can select which IOS to use to boot some problem games ?

This may be difficult how you have coded Neogamma I am not sure.

Thx!

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
About this:

How about it?

I was about to suggest that you do something like that. The autoboot mod would be great to have integrated into the official source.

Cause I usually just hit A anyway.
tongue.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
s3phir0th115 said:
WiiPower said:
About this:

How about it?
I was about to suggest that you do something like that. The autoboot mod would be great to have integrated into the official source.

Cause I usually just hit A anyway.
tongue.gif
@WiiPower
come to think of it... what I think would be even better... is if it was an actual setting in Neogamma, the default could be autoboot disabled. But then u could change it to on, then the next time you start the app it will autoboot (unless a button is pressed).

This would mean you wouldn't even need to recompile neogamma with the autoboot mod enabled.

Just a thought, I'm not sure if this is possible or if this is something you want to do. Either way, I'll do w/e I can to help out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc