Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played fzero gx with neogamma r9b36 last night and the zelda collectors disc, it works great. it says there should be missing audio, however i experienced no loss of audio. the only game that lost audio for me was tony hawk 4. haven't tried with neogamma but with gc backup launcher 0.1

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VashTS said:
i played fzero gx with neogamma r9b36 last night and the zelda collectors disc, it works great. it says there should be missing audio, however i experienced no loss of audio. the only game that lost audio for me was tony hawk 4. haven't tried with neogamma but with gc backup launcher 0.1

About half of all games or more have the audio streaming bit set, but i don't think they all actually have audio streams. I put that warning there to prevent to be bugged with reports "there's no voice in XYZ, can you fix that?" or "is it normal that there's no music in the fights in XYZ2?".

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Status update on NeoGamma:
Currently i'm working on changing how the reloader works almost completely. I will try if i can change it to patch the debug printf, and when the game returns the debug output "--- OSReboot ---", then i will try to patch any .dol or .elf that is currently loaded in memory.

So if this works out, it will have the following advantages:
- The forced option might not be necessary anymore, because trying to patch the debug printf in everything that is read should be fast
- If a .elf/.dol is encrypted or compressed, there's a tiny chance the debug printf is still patched, and on "--- OSReboot ---" the other functions are decrypted/decompressed in memory(ok, i don't think any game has encrypted or compressed .elf/.dol files)
- I get a hell of a lot free memory in the plugin, because i wouldn't need to have all functions twice
...-> Some freedom to add new features(nothing planned though)
...-> If i get the high(debug) plugin below 12KB, i think that would increase the compatibliy when using the high plugin
......-> Some games that did not work before might work with high plugin then(really really low chance)
......-> More games can be debugged
......-> The secret function works on more games

So fingers crossed everything works out how i hope it does.

BladeTH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a problem. I have run the burned USA Brawl on PAL Wii. NeoGamma runs, but after the first battle in story mode writes "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information.". How do I fix this?

P.S Sorry if it offtop.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BladeTH said:
I have a problem. I have run the burned USA Brawl on PAL Wii. NeoGamma runs, but after the first battle in story mode writes "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information.". How do I fix this?

P.S Sorry if it offtop.

You are either using a cIOS with broken DL support, or the game was ripped using one of these cIOS. Install cIOS rev19 or rev20 and then try again.

orwel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wii-info.fr
XP
Country
France
Today, just for fun, i take a look on neogamma source code, and i think i found your 'easter egg'. But i'm not sure about what does Hooks do, so i donttell about it
rofl.gif
However, i'm curious, so could you tell us more about that ?

ps : greats thanks for your amazing work on this loader !!

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this out and now I have NeoGamma as my main Gamecube loader as well.

I must personally thank you. Having the option to determine video/region mode based on the wii itself and not the disc is VERY helpful for me, because all of my gamecube burns are multi-discs. This makes it the only modern gamecube loader to run my multi-discs in color through a composite video hookup. (My other vgabox setup always worked by virtue of it being a vgabox. Mine knows how to handle pretty much anything.)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
s3phir0th115 said:

I must personally thank you. Having the option to determine video/region mode based on the wii itself and not the disc is VERY helpful for me, because all of my gamecube burns are multi-discs. This makes it the only modern gamecube loader to run my multi-discs in color through a composite video hookup. (My other vgabox setup always worked by virtue of it being a vgabox. Mine knows how to handle pretty much anything.)

There's only 3 GC disc loaders for wii:
WiiGator's
Waninkoko's(just install his cMIOS and run the MIOS, for example NeoGamma GC mode MIOS or disc channel with darkcorp)
Mine

And only the latest version of WiiGator's loader displays multi game discs on NTSC Wiis with PAL video mode.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
s3phir0th115 said:

There's only 3 GC disc loaders for wii:
WiiGator's
Waninkoko's(just install his cMIOS and run the MIOS, for example NeoGamma GC mode MIOS or disc channel with darkcorp)
Mine

And only the latest version of WiiGator's loader displays multi game discs on NTSC Wiis with PAL video mode.

Huh. I guess I didn't really consider Waninkoko's since it isn't really launched as a homebrew like Wiigator's and yours are.

Still though, Wiigator's offers better compatibility than Waninkoko's from my experience. And since yours is based on Wiigator's and is able to avoid the video mode issue, the choice for me was clear.
smile.gif

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so i have the new beta 37 and it just is not working for me i am totally lost on why its not working. i will put in a multi disc iso and itll say select a game and i do. then it stays on a black screen. help?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ninjadudexp said:
OK so i have the new beta 37 and it just is not working for me i am totally lost on why its not working. i will put in a multi disc iso and itll say select a game and i do. then it stays on a black screen. help?

Read the mini FAQ.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
ninjadudexp said:

Read the mini FAQ.
i have read it. and i have everything correct but the games still wont load

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Status update on NeoGamma:
Currently i'm working on changing how the reloader works almost completely. I will try if i can change it to patch the debug printf, and when the game returns the debug output "--- OSReboot ---", then i will try to patch any .dol or .elf that is currently loaded in memory.

So if this works out, it will have the following advantages:
- The forced option might not be necessary anymore, because trying to patch the debug printf in everything that is read should be fast
- If a .elf/.dol is encrypted or compressed, there's a tiny chance the debug printf is still patched, and on "--- OSReboot ---" the other functions are decrypted/decompressed in memory(ok, i don't think any game has encrypted or compressed .elf/.dol files)
- I get a hell of a lot free memory in the plugin, because i wouldn't need to have all functions twice
...-> Some freedom to add new features(nothing planned though)
...-> If i get the high(debug) plugin below 12KB, i think that would increase the compatibliy when using the high plugin
......-> Some games that did not work before might work with high plugin then(really really low chance)
......-> More games can be debugged
......-> The secret function works on more games

So fingers crossed everything works out how i hope it does.

Didn't work, i got issues i couldn't fix and i didn't get as much memory as i hoped. So continue with the usual stuff...

I noticed that GC booted via NeoGamma know the language of the system menu, if a GC game was booted from disc channel with these settings. Or in other words, in order to get a differnet language recognised in games booted via NeoGamma, it needs to be changed and then you need to boot a game from disc channel. I would like to know where it gets that info and/or where it is put in GC mode.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the update! It's great that you fixed the memory card slot B problem, works now
smile.gif

It's better that the changelog is now also on the main page and not only in the file.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D34DL1N3R said:
Something I've always wondered. What are the rebooter options for anyway? I've never had to mess with them.
The rebooter will temporary patch the system menu with the options you have choosen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?