Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok after reading that with Cios20 the best settings are 249 (Base 57) and 250 (Base 37), I wanna know does this affect Neo Gamma?

The reason I ask is when I use Cios Rev19 to get MH3 to work I used Base 37 (249)! Now that I'm told to use Base 37 with 250, NG does not play MH3.

Obviously I know that I can use base 37 and install to slot 249 with CiosRev 20 and get the game to work but can NG use slot 250?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
javid said:
for offline install cIOS56rev20 I Must Use IOS56-64-v5405.wad or IOS56-64-v5146.wad ??

Sorry for bad English
You will need IOS56-64-v5661.wad
happy.gif

Download the file with NUS Downloader.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii Power is there a way to check out the changelog with each version before you download? I used to go to wiihacks to do this but they are behind the times now!

Also would it be feasible/possible to make the program have an inbuilt update feature?

P.S I feel honoured that I was mentioned in the changelog for Beta 34. Thanks heaps!

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Here are my test results:
unpatched Metroid Prime Trilogy [PAL]
IOS reload block set to no - wii restarts after selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 1 - won't load after selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 2 - 002 error

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
Here are my test result:
unpatched Metroid Prime Trilogy [PAL]
IOS reload block set to no - wii restarts after selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 1 - won't load afte selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 2 - 002 error

That's what i feared to happen. Waninkoko did not implement basic 002 error fixing in the cIOS when blocking the IOS Reload, which i suggested him like 10 times.

I will talk to him again, maybe you don't only get the nand emu fixed in rev21.

Thanks for retesting with the unpatched disc.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Some people claim that it works if the game was patched to IOS249, but i doubt that.

Trust me, it works fine like I keep saying. I can upload a video of it working if you wish me to do so... but I don't know how to prove that it was patched to 249, or that I'm actually using a backup rather than the retail disc.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
D34DL1N3R said:
WiiPower said:
Some people claim that it works if the game was patched to IOS249, but i doubt that.

Trust me, it works fine like I keep saying. I can upload a video of it working if you wish me to do so... but I don't know how to prove that it was patched to 249, or that I'm actually using a backup rather than the retail disc.

not working for me...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
D34DL1N3R said:
WiiPower said:

It might work with one of the main.dol 002 patch cIOS(rev8,9,10,11,12 and 13b), or if you patched the .dols manually for 002 error. But i don't like that solution, installing a cIOS replacement for the IOS the game requests is better.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC 4.2U
NeoGamma r9 beta 36
cIOSX r20 w/ 57 base
Patched iso to 249 (using ios patcher 1.1)
Layer break= 2084960

NeoGamma setting:
Boot Language = Autoforce
Force Video - Wii
Everything Else = Off

No alt.dol, no patch video, no patch country string, no vidtv patch, no ocarina, no hooktype. The only thing I did to the image was patch it to 249 with ios patcher 1.1.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's supposed to return 002 error. The apploader knows that the game requires IOS53(maybe another, but you get it), and each time the apploader runs it refreshes the info which IOS the game requested in memory. The info which IOS is currently running is written by the IOS itself after it is loaded. The 002 error happens if both infos don't match. The apploader is executed by the loader, before doing the memory 002 fix, and each time another .dol is loaded. Always when a new .dol is launched you get an IOS Reload.

This is what happens with an IOS version patched Metroid:
The loader loads IOS249 => running IOS = 249
The loader executes the apploader => requested IOS = 53
The loader appies memory 002 patch => requested IOS = running IOS = 53 or 249(doesn't matter, both works for not IOS Reloading games)
Then you run the game, and select to launch Metroid 2 multi player
The game runs the apploader => requested IOS = 53
und looks into the tmd which IOS to load => IOS version patching changed the info in the tmd
=>IOS249 is loaded => running IOS = 249
The game .dol is loaded and executes 002 check => 002 error, because 53 != 249

The only other explanation than main.dol patching is that you try to run a game within the disc that does not have a 002 check.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correction to my last post. I have cIOSXr19 installed as 249 base 56... not 57.

I don't know exactly what the ios patcher does, but I just dragged and dropped the image onto it and entered 249. Maybe patches the main.dol? I just spent the time between my last post double checking and testing all the settings. If I change the boot language to anything other than Autoforce - I get the DVD Err(1208), Disc ID message. Rebooted the Wii and tested different settings over and over and over and over with the same exact results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet