Hacking NeoGamma R6 Autoboot Channel

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great Autoboot Channel, thank you very much!! Some questions:

- In Channel Manager it shows up as "???", can this be fixed somehow?

- Is there a way to change one of the options to a different a default value? I want all games - by default - open as 576i (have no 480p cable yet) and I am under the impression that some games default to 480i with the autoboot.

- Would it be possible to provide a 16x9 version?

Thanks again!!

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Again with some questions:
The link http://www.2shared.com/file/6575773/4e0c66...p_Launcher.html is it a forwader channel ????
if so what is the route i should use to launch it X:\apps\NeoGammaR6 or download the DOL in the first post???
im in 4.1u so may i be able to launch via sd channel ????
if i ever want to uninstall it would i've had to use wad manager again or only erase from the channel list???
Thanks in advanced for ur answers.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wimu, chill out guy!
way too many ? marks.
why would you want to launch it from the sd menu?, it only a couple of blocks.
It's not a fowarder, thats why the dol is included for those who want to use their own fowarder channel.
Just erase the channel from the settings.

readix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
im all noob in these and im very lost. i cant seem to find any tutorial here on how to install this. can somebody point me in the right direction please? thanks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
readix said:
Hi all,
im all noob in these and im very lost. i cant seem to find any tutorial here on how to install this. can somebody point me in the right direction please? thanks

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131...t=0&start=0

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88022

QUOTEWAD manager info

This is WADmanager. What this lets you do is install/uninstall .wad files to the Wii.

EXAMPLE (not a guide, do not follow this)- You are want to put a Gamma Loader channel on your Wii. You put the WAD in your WAD's folder on the SD card. Put your SD card in the Wii and boot it up. You then start the homebrew channel, and select the WADmanager application (it also, will need to be on the SD card). You tell the WAD manager you want to install a wad from the SD card. A list of your wads will come up. You choose to intall the gammaloader.wad. You now have a gamma loader channel.

Okay, now your Wii is ready to do all kinds of awesome things.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love this, specially since it's autoboot!!!

Thanks!!!

May you add the "Force Video Mode: Wii" to this, that way it will autoboot and will force game to run in your Wii's settings.

I'm in NTSC and I wan't to put PAL Games to load without holding 1 and chaning settings.

Thanks.

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Neogamma runs fine thru homebrew
but when running thru channel
it doesn't load, it reboot and back to the system menu
anyone helps?

dan72588

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup, I'm just a noob here who has Homebrew Channel on a 4.1U Wii.
Is it possible to play imports/backups using just the .dol file because I have not modded my wii except for HBC, and I would like to keep it that way so I don't brick my wii.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
dan72588 said:
Is it possible to play imports/backups using just the .dol file because I have not modded my wii except for HBC, and I would like to keep it that way so I don't brick my wii.

The only other thing you need to install in cIOS38 rev 14, which will allow you to use NeoGamma.

You may need the Trucha Bug Restorer to be able to install cIOS. It's in the download section on this site.

QUOTE(drizzt007 @ Aug 7 2009, 05:58 PM) is this the latest backup launcher out ?

R7 is, yes.
(Correct me if I'm wrong?)

dan72588

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
dan72588 said:

The only other thing you need to install in cIOS38 rev 14, which will allow you to use NeoGamma.

You may need the Trucha Bug Restorer to be able to install cIOS. It's in the download section on this site.

QUOTE(drizzt007 @ Aug 7 2009, 05:58 PM) is this the latest backup launcher out ?

R7 is, yes.

Thanks for your reply. So could I basically use the cIOS38 rev 14 installer in HBC and then install NeoGamma on a 4.1U wii with out bricking it?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
dan72588 said:
ToneEQ said:
dan72588 said:

R7 is, yes.

Thanks for your reply. So could I basically use the cIOS38 rev 14 installer in HBC and then install NeoGamma on a 4.1U wii with out bricking it?

There is a 0.0000000001% you'll brick it, I've never heard of anyone bricking a Wii installing cIOS. NeoGamma is also run from HBC.

Eddage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I know this has probably been asked and answered before so forgive me but...

How do I play multi disc gamecube games? What I mean by this is games like Tales of Symphonia that require you to switch to disc 2 half way through (not just burning multiple iso's onto one disc). I've been playing ToS and have reached the point where I need to swap the disc but when I eject disc 1 and try to play disc 2 it just says "checking game disc" and then nothing happens. I'm guessing this is because it's a copy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and sorry if you've answered this loads of times before
tongue.gif
)

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NeoGamma R7 does work with this channel. I've injected it and tested it myself.

Here's my R7 version of Vegeta's channel: (Note: This channel doesn't skip the config screen.)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cmzmyzoy2hm/...r%20NG%20R7.wad

NeoGamma config file to make the channel always "Force Video: Wii" & "Patch Video: All"
http://www.mediafire.com/file/emznzuz32mn/..._autoconfig.zip

Place the folder in the root of your SD card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bin01 said:
Add R7 + Force video mode + Enabled Ocarina and you will get a sweet channel for everyone
nknave said:
May you add the "Force Video Mode: Wii" to this, that way it will autoboot and will force game to run in your Wii's settings.

I'm in NTSC and I wan't to put PAL Games to load without holding 1 and chaning settings.

Thanks.
QUOTE(Yakomo @ Jul 20 2009, 01:56 PM)
- Is there a way to change one of the options to a different a default value? I want all games - by default - open as 576i (have no 480p cable yet) and I am under the impression that some games default to 480i with the autoboot.

Download my above WAD for R7.

Now for set config options:

1.) Launch NeoGamma R7 from your HomebrewChannel.

2.) Set the settings you want, and change it to save config.

3.) Launch the game, then restart your Wii.

4.) You will now have a NeoGamma folder in the root of your SD card, with all your settings stored in it.

5.) Open up this NeoGamma R7 Autoboot channel, and launch a game.

6.) You will notice that the channel has read the config file, and used your options, instead of it's default.

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions I'd like cleared up before trying to change my backup loader, if you guys would be so kind.

1. how do I install the new backup launcher if I already have the twilight hack installed?
I'm assuming I'll need to delete the old one and install the new.

2. how would I go about installing the newest one (backup launcher) automatically on any future consoles which the twilight hack is going on?

3. am I required to update the console to 4.0?

4. I should install bootmii and backup the NAND before doing anything else.(this is really more for confirmation that I've got all the steps correct than an actual question)

one last thing, I wanted to make sure this works for NTSC consoles.
I read this statement( post #49 of this thread) which made me unsure

"like when is there gonna be a autoboot force ntsc channel i know wiipower u said u
would not make it because of the sd card save config well people and friends i know
just wanna hit a and boot up the game no changing video modes or pressing a twice.....
there not like us dont understand the true point just being able to run xx wiigame.... "

thanks, and sorry if these were answered elsewhere. I've been reading bits and pieces from so many different sites , and now I'm trying to put it together to get a clear picture of everything.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
drizzt007 said:
I have a few questions I'd like cleared up before trying to change my backup loader, if you guys would be so kind.

1. how do I install the new backup launcher if I already have the twilight hack installed?
I'm assuming I'll need to delete the old one and install the new.

2. how would I go about installing the newest one (backup launcher) automatically on any future consoles which the twilight hack is going on?

3. am I required to update the console to 4.0?

4. I should install bootmii and backup the NAND before doing anything else.(this is really more for confirmation that I've got all the steps correct than an actual question)

one last thing, I wanted to make sure this works for NTSC consoles.
I read this statement( post #49 of this thread) which made me unsure

"like when is there gonna be a autoboot force ntsc channel i know wiipower u said u
would not make it because of the sd card save config well people and friends i know
just wanna hit a and boot up the game no changing video modes or pressing a twice.....
there not like us dont understand the true point just being able to run xx wiigame.... "

thanks, and sorry if these were answered elsewhere. I've been reading bits and pieces from so many different sites , and now I'm trying to put it together to get a clear picture of everything.

1.) The "Twilight hack" isn't something that's installed. It's a bug in the system. This doesn't matter at all. All that matters is if you have a way to launch homebrew or not. Like if you have the Homebrew Channel installed.

2.) Again, this makes no sense. You just launch Wad Manager, and installed the .WAD. Or launch the boot.dol version from the Homebrew Channel.

3.) No. But you should update to 4.1. Use Waninkoko's 4.1 upgrader. http://teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/Firmware-Updater_4.1.zip

4.) Always.

To run the backup launcher, you need to install Waninkoko's cIOS38. http://teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/cIOS38_rev14-Installer.zip

And then use Wad manager to install one of the channel versions from this thread, or my post above. Or download neogamma and put it in your Homebrew channel apps folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ