Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Hello guys, been searching the forums for hours trying to get help on this matter but no luck. Well i only got my Wii hacked like a few days ago and everything was fine(my friend did it for me) he also put a few games on the external HDD (2TB).Everything was working good i played what it had on the external for a few days and then I decided to put some games of my own on the external(which took me a few days to DL) using WBFS Manager 3.0 (the game was naruto: ninja blade chronicles, don't know if that helps)
And now my Wii is just not reading the drive. It just says Mounting USB Tries left: XX. Don't know what i did wrong. I tried putting on my external external at different intervals when i put on the wii/opened Neogamma. I'm using Neogamma R7. Can Anyone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you run games by USB loading and don't load disc based backups, I'd recommend using one of the more USB specific loaders like CFG, or USB Loader GX....

Concerning your main issue, do you know how your drive is formatted, WBFS, FAT32, NTFS? Did it have a single partition? If you are using a WBFS formatted partition, you can try using the repair/verify function of Wiimm's WBFS tool, WWT. If you use WBFS/ISO files on a FAT32 or NTFS formatted partition, check to see if the drive is still visible on a Windows PC. You can run a checkdisk scan to see if it is corrupted and if not use the repair/verify function of Wiimm's ISO tool, WIT to check each game.

Best of luck...

-[]D

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
yeah i got it partitioned into 500gig sectors, 1 of which is WBFS and the others FAT32. My PC do read the drive. It's very odd that just because i added a game to the drive it stopped reading on my Wii. Guess i'll try the scan u recommended to see if anything's corrupted. Other than that i tried everything from switching USB ports to powering on my external at different intervals. I'm getting a bit frustrated and worried...

On the other hand i removed the game from the drive and tried it but still didn't work then i went to sleep and tried it back in the morning and it started back to work. I tried adding a different game to the external(notably Arc of Fantasia) and then my frustration started to build again after a an hour of tinkering here i am. I hope someone can shed some knowledge on how to dissolve this issue. I really want to play this game...

btw about the CFG and USB loader GX, what are those about? i'm pretty much a noob in this criteria. which is better? where can i find it? and how do i install/use it? thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok