Need to format HDD

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Noctosphere, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    Hello
    I need to format my hdd to install windows 7on my mom's computer
    Dont sorry i have the ISO on a USB stick. I need to format the hdd from BIOS and not from any programme. Thanks.

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can't format it from the BIOS. Download the GParted Live distribution and use it.

3. Vishnoo

Vishnoo Failure is success if we learn from it.

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    You can use the GParted Live.You can also download Ubuntu and open it in trial version and you can format it.Formatting via BIOS is a impossible method.

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Note that the OP fixed all his issues in his other thread, so he was no longer looking for an answer to this thread.

5. Alex Mercer

Alex Mercer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2016
    Bulgaria
    You can format the whole hdd when you started to install the operating system (Windows 7). When you format the Local disk C or primary memory, right then, you can also format the other drives. Then you can simply "Delete" the local disks and make your own partition as you want. Matter of fact, you don't need to format them in the first place, just deleting is enough. No extra software or anything is required. Good luck.