need some help with legal issuses

camochase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to know some of the exact laws, bills, and policies against modding hombrewing and pirating thanks alot

Its_just_Lou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only offer this, as it seems semi-related -

(Sad and rather uncalled-for issue) Our cable/internet cut out one day, and when I called the provider I was told "Paramount Pictures attorneys have contacted us regarding blah blah" ..... I told them I had NO idea about any "illegally obtained films" and told them I was VERY offended that they would treat a LONG-time customer this way, and all was restored and has been fine since. (Honestly, the rep that I spoke with said that it was all bullshit and that they were forced to do these 'routine calls'....foolish...)

Ohhhh, well...

:grog:

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a few specific things like the DMCA and other ip laws, but mostly it revolves around a series of court decisions. Bottomline is piracy is illeagal, homebrew varies depending on how its made/ used, modding varies (modding to get around copy protection is illegal, as one example. But jailbreaking to run legal unsigned code is legal. Many fine points like this).

Googling should get you tons of stuff.

camochase

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the one big main bill i found was DMCA and it calls against basicly hardmodding when you go around security messures. and i have been googling just alot of posts not really mentioning of bills just what they think is illegal.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illegal or not, i dont think anyone is going to take action against you unless they break into your house with a warrant and find something lol

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baisically, your gonna be fine if you download a bunch of crap, they don't typically go after the downloaders. Its the up loaders they want.
As for modding, seeing as you live in the U.S, you are legally allowed to mod anything, seeing as its your property.
However, downloading IS illegal, but theres like a 1/1000000000000 chance your even gonna get caught, unless you download from a site thats being watched a lot.
Id just suggest using torrents if your gonna download shiz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hi