neat storage solution for spare microSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TheDude06, Jan 4, 2008.

1. TheDude06
    OP

TheDude06 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2008
    United States
    So i finally outgrew my first microSD card for my flash cart. What the hell do you do to store your spare cards? they are so tiny! I found a neat solution that some others might find useful. I glued a microSD card slot to the screen! lid still closes, it doesnt look that awful, and its nice and secure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more pics and writeup here http://thedude06.blogspot.com/2008/01/nint...rd-storage.html

2. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    Three words desacration of holiness, but it could be usefull if you'd glue like 20-30 of these [​IMG]

3. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Why don't you just put it in your GBA dustcover?

But +5 internets for that [​IMG]

4. TheDude06
    OP

TheDude06 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2008
    United States
    Have you ever actually tried that? the card gets stuck between the connector a lot, and is difficult to retrieve when you are on the road. I thought the SD slot would be a lot cooler if it were inside of a modified dust cover though

5. diglett

diglett GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Spare slot-2 cart shells might be a good starting point for this. The M3 comes with several extra shells in alternate colors.

6. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch Devilot's Tubtoy

May 22, 2006
    United States
    Devilot's Bathtub
    Hah, really neat idea...

I toyed with the idea of storing stuff in the Slot-2 dust cover, but unfortunately there's not a lot of empty space to work with...but it's something to think about. There might be a passable way to dremel out a storage container in the dust cover....

7. NotAgOat

NotAgOat Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2006
    United States
    It looks terrible imho. I would have gone with sticking them in a DS case, or gluing those to the inside of the dust cover vertically.

8. Dio

Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Pfft, thank God I have my mobile memory kit case so I won't have to come up with hairbrained ideas like this. A little offense is intended :D

9. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2007
    United States
    While I think that looks like a hell of a hack-job, if you were to improve it, I could see it being interesting.

By "improve" I mean cover up the DS slots. The way they look now are an eyesore. Perhaps something as simple as a bit of electrical tape, dunno.

Also, you need to include pictures of it closed on it's side.

10. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    it is a neat idea i'll give you that - but a very ugly solution.

11. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Capital
  12. ZPE

ZPE GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2007
    England
    Ew. I'd rather just keep it somewhere uncased.