Hacking neat storage solution for spare microSD

TheDude06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally outgrew my first microSD card for my flash cart. What the hell do you do to store your spare cards? they are so tiny! I found a neat solution that some others might find useful. I glued a microSD card slot to the screen! lid still closes, it doesnt look that awful, and its nice and secure.

P1040017.JPG

P1040015.JPG

more pics and writeup here http://thedude06.blogspot.com/2008/01/nint...rd-storage.html

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, really neat idea...

I toyed with the idea of storing stuff in the Slot-2 dust cover, but unfortunately there's not a lot of empty space to work with...but it's something to think about. There might be a passable way to dremel out a storage container in the dust cover....

NotAgOat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks terrible imho. I would have gone with sticking them in a DS case, or gluing those to the inside of the dust cover vertically.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I think that looks like a hell of a hack-job, if you were to improve it, I could see it being interesting.

By "improve" I mean cover up the DS slots. The way they look now are an eyesore. Perhaps something as simple as a bit of electrical tape, dunno.

Also, you need to include pictures of it closed on it's side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.