BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I bypassed the stupid "You suck..." message box and changed my background successfully! Take this...

ndstokyotrimnewback.png

Huh, what do you mean by "Take this.." are you retarded? (It sounds like "fuck you, I was able to change it, you suck", imo!)

And that pisses me off. I already said I'd allow you to use any bg you like, I even made a 2nd window in the app to crop images to the window size easily with a wizard. (something like the wizard in my screenshotting app

wizard.jpg

Yet you brag about changing the bg through a lame resource editor that a 10 year old kid can use? What the fuck is that.

If you wanna keep using this trimmer without the bg you'll have to stick with 0.44, you definitely won't be able to bypass it anymore with lame resource hacks in future builds.

And I don't care whoever uses the trimmer or not because of the background. If you are happy with another trimmer then good for you. Oh and please remove the trimmer from your DSxINF application. I didn't agree to you supplying a modified version of it.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
And I don't care whoever uses the trimmer or not because of the background. If you are happy with another trimmer then good for you. Oh and please remove the trimmer from your DSxINF application. I didn't agree to you supplying a modified version of it.

I did not use a resource editor, didn't mean that way, just to prove that the current protection was not enough...

Is it ok if I wait for the next release of DSxINF to remove it?, since I'm not done with the final of the next version yet.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I didn't mean to be harsh, but the "take this" sounded way off or maybe I misunderstood it.. ; anyway I downloaded your app and saw you included 0.42 without a bg.

As for how you did it I guess you modified some offsets and skipped a jmp.. ?

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean to be harsh, but the "take this" sounded way off or maybe I misunderstood it.. ; anyway I downloaded your app and saw you included 0.42 without a bg.

As for how you did it I guess you modified some offsets and skipped a jmp.. ?

Hex Editor and a Space Bar lol, if that message wasn't a visible string, you will pretty much have it secure.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
could someone explain trimming to me? does it screw up your wi-fi, or download play options or things like that?

Nope, it doesn't.

are you talking about just this one? or does it apply to the one you can get on the R4 ds website too? otherwise i'm going to use this. seems it can save you A LOT of space lol

if you find a trimmer the maker will likely say it either saves wifi play/download/multi cart or if it doesn't. No one, well i think, makes a trimmer which destroys wifi play/download/multi cart. This one doesn't

hence it says 'with wifi detection'.

QUOTE(dstrimmer @ Aug 14 2007, 05:40 PM)
The one R4 supplies removes wifi info

i doubt that.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiFi means Wireless Fidelity. That is, ANY wireless communication, whether it be online or just ad-hoc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1