Gaming NDSCRC (longterm user) wont add newer games/more roms/ WHY

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

IVe used NDSCRC for a little over a year. Ive added roms 5400 to 5000, 4600 to 4700, a pile of them and Im using the 1.6.10 something like that.

I have my directories setup right.

But when I dump my rars into the unknown directory (c:\ndsrom\unknown)
it doesnt seem to recongize them, which ticks me off because I really have no idea what I have without manually going over files. I thought that it could be something to do with RAR, so I unrar some of them and gave search and sort another chance.

I tried rebuilding and renaming option as well.

all my databases are up to date, I can view all the missing ones, that I should have.

Or wait, do games go into extrator instead?

WinRar / rardll is enabled.

What is Verbose SFV

thanks

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you should dump your archives like rar and zip into the \Ext folder to get them extracted. but if you tried that manually and put them into the unknown folder afterwards it should have worked...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
open the rar with winrar or 7zip, and check the CRC32 value.
compare to the one within NDSCRC.

If they match, then it's because NDSCRC 1.6.10 has a bug and stop renaming good ROM after finding a bad one.
You can either :
- Use 1.4.13 (but don't download covers with this version. Use 1.6.10 to download dat and covers first, then close it and launch 1.4.13) (you can have all the .exe version in the same NDSCRC folder)
- Move all your .nds files to another folder, and put them back in the checking folder by little batch group (5 to 5 file at a time for example, until you find the one which stop the program from renaming the good one).

You can put games in extractor folder too.
Extractor is meant to extract any archive (it was made for .rar).
It extract the content of all recursively compressed archives (like a zip in a rar), and you can choose to delete the archive after renaming the game. (it deletes only the .rar, not the .rxx).
I prefer extracting all the files myself in that folder so I know which rar is done or not.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to try and check the CRC value as I thought thats what it was.

But I cant find that infomation in Win rar, even look up google trying combos to find the crc of a file or nds files

The reason I didnt think this was it is because I have close to every game for english, up to 5400 , but none after.

So let me get this straight

Extract the games to EXT folder
and not the unknown folder

I will also try , putting the rars in there as well.

I also noticed that, it does pick up the .nds files that I did exact to the root of the unknown directory, but they were not added.

Its a pity that the CRC is so important, I could really care less if I had a bad copy, but getting inconvienced with screwing around getting all this stuff done in the last couple weeks is a pain.

I will also try 1.413, i used to have it. So I have 1.160.10 and Ill get on the download covers/although they are updated already.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Any unknown .nds files should be placed in the \unknown folder. Any .rar or .zip files goes into the \eXtract0r folder (\ext). NdsCRC can unzip/unrar files and place the .nds file into \unknown and then process all the \unknown files at once.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can also place the .nds in the extract0r folder, as when it does extract the rar by itself then it place the .nds in that folder before scanning/moving/renaming/adding nfo and covers/zipping.

If it's in eXtract0r folder in an extracted form (the .nds file), then you only need to hit "search & sort" for NDSCRC to rename and zip nfo and covers automatically, while when putting the .zip in the unknown/ folder then it's only moved to the archive/ folder without zip and rom renaming and cover nfo including, you need to hit "rebuild & rename" button for that purpose.

both unknown and extractor are fine, it's just that I like clicking only 1 button
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: