Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

TootNoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. I am just having a little trouble with the forwarders. This doesn't happen with twilight menu but only the forwarders. When ever I close my 2ds and then open it, it does not continue the game, it just goes to the power off menu that shows up when you press the power button.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. I am just having a little trouble with the forwarders. This doesn't happen with twilight menu but only the forwarders. When ever I close my 2ds and then open it, it does not continue the game, it just goes to the power off menu that shows up when you press the power button.
Update the forwarder template by following Part 1.1 again.
It contains an nds-bootstrap build which fixes this bug.

If you're playing a DS game with Infrared (IR) features, then it's advised to not leave a 3DS card or flashcard in Slot-1.

Reactions: TootNoot and fmkid

TootNoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update the forwarder template by following Part 1.1 again.
It contains an nds-bootstrap build which fixes this bug.

If you're playing a DS game with Infrared (IR) features, then it's advised to not leave a 3DS card or flashcard in Slot-1.

Alright just did that and it worked! Tysm!

Reactions: RocketRobz

lAngelRl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish I could try this but I don't have a computer. Obviously I don't know the process of coding and stuff but would it be possible to make some kind of application of that into the 3ds so you can do that on the 3ds instead of the computer?

Magic_Lost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I have a new issue...
For some reason, I have the save file being created just fine with a new forwarded ds game on my 3ds, but it tries to load the game itself, and says "start failed. Error -2"

How do I fix this?

Edit: I figured it out...
Just had to reinstall the forwarded .cia files and it decided to work. Probably just malfunctioned when I did it the 1st time.

Last edited by Magic_Lost,
Reactions: RocketRobz

CommonSense

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I tried using this with pokemon white (which the doc said was ok) and now my console is bricked, I followed every instruction perfectly and now my console is bricked. I know this is old but any help would be appreciated.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, I tried using this with pokemon white (which the doc said was ok) and now my console is bricked, I followed every instruction perfectly and now my console is bricked. I know this is old but any help would be appreciated.
Well. for starters. instead of saying your console is bricked. Why not tell us what exactly you did before it happened. and what exactly goes on now when ya try to turn the 3ds console on.

CommonSense

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well. for starters. instead of saying your console is bricked. Why not tell us what exactly you did before it happened. and what exactly goes on now when ya try to turn the 3ds console on.
well at first I converted a pokemon white nds into a cia using the forwarder, then I put it into my cias folder, ejected the card, put it in my 3ds and I downloaded the cia, but it didn't come on the title screen on the FBI titles menu, so I turned it off, and re did the conversion, when I went back I realized that I put the NDS file in, so I turned it off, put the cia file in and my console was bricked, when I turn it on with the SD card in it just show a black screen and with the sd card out it gives me "Exception type: Undefined Instruction". I know that nintendo put out an update recently and I already fixed that, but this is new.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
well at first I converted a pokemon white nds into a cia using the forwarder, then I put it into my cias folder, ejected the card, put it in my 3ds and I downloaded the cia, but it didn't come on the title screen on the FBI titles menu, so I turned it off, and re did the conversion, when I went back I realized that I put the NDS file in, so I turned it off, put the cia file in and my console was bricked, when I turn it on with the SD card in it just show a black screen and with the sd card out it gives me "Exception type: Undefined Instruction". I know that nintendo put out an update recently and I already fixed that, but this is new.
Perharps problem comes with your SD card itself, not the console (SD card could be corrupted/faulty, or just not well inserted on the corresponding slot).

Please, only for check, turn on your console but holding the SELECT button on boot and check what Luma version is shown.

CommonSense

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perharps problem comes with your SD card itself, not the console (SD card could be corrupted/faulty, or just not well inserted on the corresponding slot).

Please, only for check, turn on your console but holding the SELECT button on boot and check what Luma version is shown.
It is V10.2

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

CommonSense

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There you go! It should be 10.2.1

I suppose that your console just is loading the Luma version on CTRNAND, not on SD card. Then, your SD card is faulty or not well inserted at least.
It actually only said 10.2 because my sd card was out, I've replaced them and it still shows me a black screen with sd, error without.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Robz8, thanks for all your work on DS stuff. I love Twilight but I wanted to try this forwarder. Sadly the jar files gives me an error and doesn't start. I've removed my Java8 271 installation and installed Java8 251 (32bit & 64bit) but it didn't change. I also downloaded Olmectron's files but this didn't change anything. Only SocketPunch.jar works (both from cmd and double click, the other two jar files don't). Any suggestions?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1198]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Genjuro>cd Downloads

C:\Users\Genjuro\Downloads>cd Forwarder3DS

C:\Users\Genjuro\Downloads\Forwarder3DS>java -jar Forwarder3DS.jar
Exception in Application start method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.olmectron.material.components.MaterialTabs.addTab(MaterialTabs.java:315)
at com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS.getMaterialLayout(Forwarder3DS.java:895)
at com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS.initAll(Forwarder3DS.java:1071)
at com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS.start(Forwarder3DS.java:255)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$4(WinApplication.java:187)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid color specification
at javafx.scene.paint.Color.web(Color.java:455)
at javafx.scene.paint.Color.web(Color.java:636)
at com.olmectron.material.components.MaterialTab.<clinit>(MaterialTab.java:22)
... 13 more
Exception running application com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS

C:\Users\Genjuro\Downloads\Forwarder3DS>

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It actually only said 10.2 because my sd card was out, I've replaced them and it still shows me a black screen with sd, error without.
Yes. I know that. And preciselly is that I said to you: your SD is (or seems to be) faulty and your CTRNAND has a Luma older version

Last edited by fmkid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.