1. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    This might be asking too much, but is it possible to create a custom icon/banner and putting it in the cia? if it is then how do i do it?

2. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    There is no tool to create one, but you can import it by checking the first post on how.

3. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Ah, i think i get it now, when i import the banner/icon the program detects it and when i save it as a cia it's already in it right?

4. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Yes.

5. xeren

xeren Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Should the wireless feature be operable during gameplay thru Twilight Menu? Trying to connect a N3DS and an O3DS for Advance Wars: DS multiplayer. Games work fine, but there seems to be no connection signal. Am I missing something or is this expected?

6. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    This isn't normal.

7. xeren

xeren Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anything you can think of that might narrow down the problem?
    I started out trying to get the 3DSForwarders to work, but hit a roadblock on the N3DS for some reason. Going to try again on a different N3DS soon. My O3DS worked pretty well up to this point, especially with the 3DSForwarder; not really sure what's up with the N3DS.
    Falling back on the Twilight Menu for the N3DS, but still concerned that the wireless connection isn't working. I have high expectations of making my kids play Advance Wars in a few years, so I need this working.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

8. Robz8

OP Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Can you see if wireless works in other DS games?

xeren likes this.
  9. xeren

xeren Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I will be getting around to it soon. I've been enamored with playing other games for myself on the N3DS, and heavily focused on Advance Wars for the time being. I'll add in Pokemon later today as an additional wireless test. Thanks for the suggest, I'll message again on results and suggestions for next steps, as needed.

Robz8 likes this.
  10. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    Make sure to have wireless turned on on both 3dses beforehand.

xeren and Robz8 like this.
  11. xeren

xeren Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's funny you should mention this... because I had the wireless turned on. However... I have 2/3 3DSs with the same wireless name. I didn't see how they were connecting because the name of the participants were the same (thinking only 1 DS had joined) and the connection icon on the game was not being lit. Once I introduced the 3rd 3DS with a different name, I saw they were connecting. It wasn't until multiple DSs joined the room that the wireless icon turned green.

Lesson learned! All 3DSs have very specific names for identification. Thanks again Robz8 and Zense.

My next goal is to figure out why the NDS Forwarders work on the O3DS but not for either of my N3DSs. I like being able to introduce games at a completion speed to my kids. They are currently on the SNES generation of games, so I have some time until they reach DS games to experiment and figure it out.

Zense and Robz8 like this.
  12. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    you're doing some strange experiment with those kids lol. I dig it. Don't they ask you "dad please let us play pokemon shield!!" or something?

Robz8 likes this.
  13. Spongebober1

Spongebober1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been trying to get forwarder3ds to work but it keep closing after it fools me and opens for half a second. A run in cmd tells me caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method & Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\(literally my directories)\jna8674975128778881957.dll: Can't find dependent libraries. I THINK it isnt making the folders it needs to and I dont know what to do to fix this.

14. JVF

JVF Member
    Newcomer

The same happened to me and what I did was the following: I made a .bat file with Notepad with this inside: "java -jar (the full path where your program is)\Forwarder3DS.jar". Then I open that file as administrator. Hope this works.

15. Spongebober1

Spongebober1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sadly this did not fix my problem. I forgot to mention that the app attempts to make folders but fails to make all of them or fill any,

Last edited by Spongebober1, Oct 25, 2020
  16. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Disable your antivirus, that totally sounds like an antivirus blocking the software from making changes on the computer

17. Spongebober1

Spongebober1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Disabled everything I could within windows security, and tried running both normally and with the batch file I've made. No dice.

18. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    Are the Java VM updated (according to your O.S.)?

19. Spongebober1

Spongebober1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The java installed on my pc is the latest version.

20. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

@Robz8 hello, just a suggestion if you dont mind, can you add the date when the last template was updated? Like the example below?
    Thanks and have a nice day.

Last edited by noctis90210, Oct 27, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Forwarder, [NDS],