Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

kakarotto87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
after several times (like ~20 tries) i did it!
sometimes it freezes ins step #5 or #7, others after pressing Y button to proceed...

What I did?

ftp-3ds, sysupdater from julian, ironhax...

installed everything normal even the reboot process!

N3ds Majora's Mask Edition 10.3.U

tarduno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
anyone already after all this stuff? I have FBI on my emunand but I can only install cias to "nand" (emunand) but it has 600mb.. I can't install games to SD card (over 20gb) anyone can help?

Sang Nguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have this screen beside me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it finally work

Attachments

• 12506713_10206758356611217_278592041_n.jpg
    12506713_10206758356611217_278592041_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 219

Experiment_T

Trophies
XP
Country
I just attempted a downgrade on a New 3DS XL, Firmware was 10.3.0-28 EUR.
Before I attempted it I moved my DSi titles to the SD Card and then erased them from the SysNAND thinking they might interfere.
Then using Menuhax2.1 I started sysupdater (Julian's Libkhax Build) the first time it failed to get the CIA info. Second attempt it froze on a black screen.

On the third go it installed the CIA's and froze at the reboot message. Left it for ten minutes and then hard rebooted it after ejecting the SD Card and crossed my fingers hoping.
To my absolute relief I was greeted with the home menu and checked the system settings and sure enough: It's now 9.2.0-20E :D

I haven't been this nervous installing some form of Custom Firmware since trying to install CIOS' on the Wii or PSP CFW for the first time.

Time to get googling for the New 3DS EmuNAND tutorial on here and start backing up the SysNAND.

Reactions: Ailuros27

GUILHERME TEIXEIRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just got it!

5fwbzz8.jpg

Regular New 3ds ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well my US n3ds(10.3) downgraded successfully through oothax. Menuhax and browserhax both failed to start sysupdater for me, but it looks like they work for other people just fine. Must be hit or miss depending on the system.w/e.

XL or regular US new 3ds ?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just attempted a downgrade on a New 3DS XL, Firmware was 10.3.0-28 EUR.
Before I attempted it I moved my DSi titles to the SD Card and then erased them from the SysNAND thinking they might interfere.
Then using Menuhax2.1 I started sysupdater (Julian's Libkhax Build) the first time it failed to get the CIA info. Second attempt it froze on a black screen.

On the third go it installed the CIA's and froze at the reboot message. Left it for ten minutes and then hard rebooted it after ejecting the SD Card and crossed my fingers hoping.
To my absolute relief I was greeted with the home menu and checked the system settings and sure enough: It's now 9.2.0-20E :D

I haven't been this nervous installing some form of Custom Firmware since trying to install CIOS' on the Wii or PSP CFW for the first time.

Time to get googling for the New 3DS EmuNAND tutorial on here and start backing up the SysNAND.

no need to google. use this. http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
i did the same steps for n3ds last night and it worked like a charm

Reactions: Experiment_T

ieeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I formatted my system memory, I was finally able to downgrade my US n3DS XL! Got the emuNAND setup and installing cias right now. Pretty excited!

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a homebrew up that lets you backup your savedata,besides save data manager? That one only lets you do one at a time and I have over 50 games on my 3DS. It'll take forever to backup,take my SD card out, put it onto the computer, put the sd card back into the 3DS and so on.

Whats the best Save data manager?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brah, It worked like second time trying using browerhax. 20 or so failed on menu hax. I did a full system format before attempting this. No bricks or semi-bricks.
N3ds USA
Any Idea when 9.6+ emunand might come out?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1