Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

larcrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Got soldered, but my new 3ds wont boot up, no display show up. But when I connect it to card reader, it flashed blue screen just flash and gone, not detected to pc. Any advice? What's wrong??

larcrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Got soldered, but my new 3ds wont boot up, no display show up. But when I connect it to card reader, it flashed blue screen just flash and gone, not detected to pc. Any advice? What's wrong??
anyone?? Change the CLK to other side, still the same

larcrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
will be apriciated any response, using transcend RDP8K not reading.

Attachments

• IMG_20151221_234339.jpg
    IMG_20151221_234339.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 248

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you got the wires connected to the right place
would be a bit of a pain to make it portable though, what with that usb breakout hanging out of the 3ds all the time
You could cut the PCB down and attempt to fit it into the case

View attachment 33812 View attachment 33813
can I use usb breakout like the picture?
just got it today
Yeah you can, as long as you dont fuck up the wiring, it should be exactly the same

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by milerwan,
Reactions: leerz

bakasaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just backed up a n3dsxl nand successfully. it was a 1.84gb nand. upon powering on after assembling everything in place it booted to system menu but it resulted to an error occurred...........
what is the cause of the problem?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just backed up a n3dsxl nand successfully. it was a 1.84gb nand. upon powering on after assembling everything in place it booted to system menu but it resulted to an error occurred...........
what is the cause of the problem?
Check for solder residue and clean it, if there is any. Check for loose wires, or crossed connections.

bakasaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check for solder residue and clean it, if there is any. Check for loose wires, or crossed connections.

Still checking for hardware problem. I also updated the firmware thru recovery mode to verify if it was a system software error, it completed and still the same problem.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still checking for hardware problem. I also updated the firmware thru recovery mode to verify if it was a system software error, it completed and still the same problem.
It's not a software problem. All you did was make a copy of your NAND or read it (which does not change any info on the chip). That means you did not mess with the software up. When you recovered and it's still acting the same screams hardware to me.

D

Deleted User

I just bought the requisite tools to install a Micro USB port in the back of my system. I am curious if there is some other way (other than SD card) to plug the N3DS into my computer?

Right now I'm thinking of creating an enclosure to hold the reader and SD card together, stripping the reader of its shell in order to streamline it. That way I can just plug it in via USB and don't have so many loose parts to remember.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought the requisite tools to install a Micro USB port in the back of my system. I am curious if there is some other way (other than SD card) to plug the N3DS into my computer?

Right now I'm thinking of creating an enclosure to hold the reader and SD card together, stripping the reader of its shell in order to streamline it. That way I can just plug it in via USB and don't have so many loose parts to remember.
You can bypass the SD card, and connect the wires from the NAND directly to the pins on a reader

So you can have NAND --> micro usb female
and microusb male --> correct SD reader pins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1