Hacking N3DS. GW vs sky3ds & online questions

Inflameslol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there. I'm going to buy a N3DS the next week and afaik they will probably come with 9.2 installed(possibly higher and if so I assume sky3ds is my only choice).
I understand GW is the way to go if you're into homebrew&options but none of the extra features interest me comparing to sky3ds.
Questions:
Is GW the better choice when you're looking for being as safe playing online(console/nnid bans) ?. (Right now I think I will buy a retail copy of MH4 and that would be the only game I'm thinking of playing online with(smash would be cool though I have it for wiiu)

Is it easy to get around sysNAND and emuNAND? Lets say my N3DS comes with 9.2 and I get GW. Would it be simple to have emuNAND at 9.5 and accessing things like browser/internet channels, Eshop to purchase retro games & being able to access online for games such as MH4(I dont know the proccess of having to update/patch games on a GW.
Thanks for any insight to help w/ purchases. I will continue to read few subreddits/search/forums to get a better understanding.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're safe online with GW is you use cia files so you won't have to worry about getting banned. You'll have to get used to be sysnand and emunand at first but if you're not a seven year old and have basic English reading knowledge you should be good to go ;) if you end up buying Sky you would need to get a private header for online gaming, but you can only dump your game with a O3DS. Basically you'll pay extra if you want to game safely online. BTW the N3DS will most likely come with 9.0 if you're gonna buy a regular one. If you decide to buy an XL stay away from the red model.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't buy GW unless N3DS support actually releases. "Soon" is meaningless when it can mean anything from days, months, years, or never. They're under no obligation to ever release another update and you have little recourse if they don't, especially if you've waited over 3 months and have lost your ability to do a chargeback. You're essentially dealing with thieves. Make sure what you buy is exactly what you want, because there are no guarantees it will ever be something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: