OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
hey all

was wanting to know if anyone had the source files for MyMenu by IceFire?

i was trying to figure out how a .mym file is converted to a .csm file

i have continued working on MyMenuify by Icefire

so far i have:

-added usb support
-added IOS reloading
-added return to HBC
-added return to (channel) you pick a channel from list
-Mod will use either sd, usb, or both

TODO:

-add theme preveiw/downloading(.csm files)
-add theme converting(.mym to .csm)
-add check for correct Sysmenu to .app/.csm file

i have found that a .mym is just a .zip file(with extention changed to .mym) is this correct?

any help would be appreciated!! thanks for any help i get if i dont thank you personally

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I don't know about sources for mymenu, but thememii does what mymenu does and more
you can find the source here:
http://code.google.com/p/thememii/source/checkout

diddy made a mod of theme mii v0.4 that can also download .app files for 4.3SMs, a download link is here... i'm pretty sure it includes the source
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1066581374

And re your other question, AFAIK a mym is just a zip renamed

Keep up the great work!

are there any tutorial on how to use thememii like there is for mymenu? I am so confused on how to use thememii and what to do exactly? thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
AFAIK there isn't a tutorial, but I've only used it to convert mym's to csm's, and to do that just load the mym (File-->Open), and click "create csm", then choose the .app file for your system menu version (which can be downloaded via Tools-->Downlaod Base App, or by using ModMii, etc.) and that's it! In terms of actually using theme mii to create\modify mym's, I'm not sure.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
theres is a small tutorial in thememii that tells you how to replace the health screen

i never got in to using thememii to make themes i still write the ini by hand

i only use thememii to convert mym to csm

yes a mym is a zip just renamed

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to look at the ini inside the mym then know what all the tags in it does

[cont##]
this tag unpacks the ash file

[simg##]
this tag takes the source png resizes it to the height and width specified than converts it to a RGB5A3 tpl (unless a different tpl format is specified) and replaces the target file

[sdta##]
this tag takes the source file and just replaces the target file

heres a sample
Code:
[cont19]
file=\layout\common\setupBtn.ash
type=ASH|U8

[simg169]
file=\layout\common\setupBtn_ash_out\arc\timg\it_BarDown_a.tpl
source=\setupBtn\it_BarDown_a.png
width=608
height=456
format=RGB565

[sdta19]
file=\layout\common\setupBtn_ash_out\arc\anim\it_Button_a_SeenIn.brlan
source=\blyt\it_Button_a_SeenIn.brlan

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
AFAIK there isn't a tutorial, but I've only used it to convert mym's to csm's, and to do that just load the mym (File-->Open), and click "create csm", then choose the .app file for your system menu version (which can be downloaded via Tools-->Downlaod Base App, or by using ModMii, etc.) and that's it! In terms of actually using theme mii to create\modify mym's, I'm not sure.

I figured that part out but I'm having problems trying to convert multiple MYM files of a theme, do you know how to convert multiple themes into a CSM file? thanks

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
XFlak said:

I figured that part out but I'm having problems trying to convert multiple MYM files of a theme, do you know how to convert multiple themes into a CSM file? thanks

uncheck the system menu in the options standard system menu

then when you drag a mym in and hit create thememii will ask you for the base app

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
so if u've downloaded a theme pack that has mym #1 and mym#2, you first construct the csm using mym#1 and the app file for you SM version. Afterwards you will get a csm file, for example, lets call it darkwiired.csm (so far this should be nothing new). Then you will need to rename darkwiired.csm to darkwiired.app. Then load the 2nd mym in theme mii, but when creating the csm this time choose darkwiired.app (instead of 000000##.app).

This is the same method used to apply the spin effect mym (or the no spin effect mym) to an already constructing csm file.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK, the source for MyMenu is included with the program. It is written in AutoIT, a language similar-ish to AutoHotKey. (Although it's more like BASIC).

Anyway, if you where wishing to generate CSMs, what you need to do is unzip the MYM (as you have realised, they are just renamed ZIPs) and read the mym.ini file inside. Diddy81 explained some of the most frequently used tags above. There are a few others that were documented at the WADder wiki but its gone now. They're not important, I don't believe they're used much.

What MyMenu did was read the INI file (like AHK, AutoIT has easy to use INI reading features - probably why INI was used) and then use external programs to extract the relevant ASH archives, convert images to TPL and repack. For SDTA tags it just replaces the target file with the one from the MYM. It's all fairly straight forward really.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
so if u've downloaded a theme pack that has mym #1 and mym#2, you first construct the csm using mym#1 and the app file for you SM version. Afterwards you will get a csm file, for example, lets call it darkwiired.csm (so far this should be nothing new). Then you will need to rename darkwiired.csm to darkwiired.app. Then load the 2nd mym in theme mii, but when creating the csm this time choose darkwiired.app (instead of 000000##.app).

This is the same method used to apply the spin effect mym (or the no spin effect mym) to an already constructing csm file.

actualy you dont need to rename the csm to .app

when you dialog window opens to select the app type a * in the filename box and hit enter
you will now see all files not just app files

select your csm and away you go
wink.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

it never asked for the .app file for the SM for the first part?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:

thats because you have it set in the standard system menu option

you need to uncheck that first then it will ask for the base app everytime you press create

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
bnm81002 said:

thats because you have it set in the standard system menu option

you need to uncheck that first then it will ask for the base app everytime you press create

thank you, sorry for all my noobie questions, just trying to understand what I'm doing so I don't brick any Wii's, thanks again

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
thank you, sorry for all my noobie questions, just trying to understand what I'm doing so I don't brick any Wii's, thanks again
If you need someone to do some quick testing then I can do it for you once you compile it. Send me a PM and let me know the link when you got it available if you do want me to test for you. My wii is nearly unbrickable.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
XFlak said:

actualy you dont need to rename the csm to .app

when you dialog window opens to select the app type a * in the filename box and hit enter
you will now see all files not just app files

select your csm and away you go
wink.gif

ok I tried this but the 1st CSM is not showing up? but XFlak's way did, in fact when saving the CSM file just type in .app and it will save it as an app file as well so that you don't have to rename the CSM file

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DeadlyFoez said:
bnm81002 said:
If you need someone to do some quick testing then I can do it for you once you compile it. Send me a PM and let me know the link when you got it available if you do want me to test for you. My wii is nearly unbrickable.
s\uneek is prolly the easiest\fastest\smartest way to test a theme, just go SD or USB:\title000001000002\content00000##.app and replace it with your csm file
where 000000##.app corresponds to your system menu version (see chart HERE for details)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-