Retro games (Nes, Snes, N64 etc.) in native resolution

Guitse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first publication and I speak French so I apologize in advance if my level of English may present any mistakes.

I have a wii with USB Loader GX, I play wii and gamecube games on an HD screen using a Wii2HDMI adapter, the resolution is correct.

Recently I added Nes, Snes and N64 games. It works well if I install emulators but I would like to launch these games from USB Loader GX, I did it but the resolution becomes very bad, I have the impression that once the game is launched, it starts native resolution.

Can anyone help me ?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hm... I guess you are using a PAL Wii?

If it's that, have you considered that you might be using PAL Virtual Console versions?

They are forced to 50hz, so 480i, with the usual hit to visual quality or 288p if you are trying to force them to play at lower resolutions, that can look pretty bad.

You could try an NTSC VC title (or PAL releases that work at 60hz, like Final Fantasy VI, or Super Mario RPG) and see if there's a difference.

Guitse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excellent, thank you very much!
I was using PAL ROMs. I replaced them with NTSC ROMS and the quality is as you described it to me, my problem is solved, thank you again :yaywii:

Reactions: Maeson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?