dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having a very frustrating issue with Nintendont all of a sudden where it will not boot any game all of a sudden. Had been working fine until a couple days ago, at first I thought my hard drive was at fault, but Windows finds no errors with the drive and Wii games and apps load absolutely fine.

When I try to launch the games from USB Loader GX, I just get a black screen and then am booted back to the loader menu after a few seconds. When I try to launch Nintendont through HBC from my USB hard drive, it loads until "Checking for storage devices", then the screen turns green and flashes for a few seconds before kicking me back to HBC. This process repeats every time I try to launch it.

When I try to launch Nintendont through HBC on my SD card, the first time I also get the green flashing issue, but then if I launch it a second time it works! However, when launching from SD I am unable to see any games I have installed to my USB hard drive.

Things I have tried so far:
  • Updating to latest cIOS/Nintendont/USB Loader GX
  • Completely reformatting HDD (FAT32)
  • Removing all games (Wii and GC) and saves (GC) from USB HDD
    • Still crashes in the exact same way, even with no games/saves on the hard drive
  • Reverting to older Nintendont versions (think I tried 5.460 and 4.45, still similar issues)
  • Try different display adapters (have tried component cables, HDMI w/ a cheap adapter for Wii, composite cables)

I am at a loss as to what could be causing this, does anyone have any ideas of what I could test? I will be trying to get a new HDD and a larger SD card to test if those work any better and will update in case it is an issue with my HDD.
Post automatically merged:

As an update for anyone finding this with similar issues where Nintendont flashes a green screen, I think the problem was with my hard drive. Bought a new 512 GB SSD and used a new USB HD, and both work. It is still surprising to me that it was the hardware, the HDD still seems to work fine for everything but loading Nintendont games

Last edited by dmonkey21,

S3basGm

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am having a very frustrating issue with Nintendont all of a sudden where it will not boot any game all of a sudden. Had been working fine until a couple days ago, at first I thought my hard drive was at fault, but Windows finds no errors with the drive and Wii games and apps load absolutely fine.

When I try to launch the games from USB Loader GX, I just get a black screen and then am booted back to the loader menu after a few seconds. When I try to launch Nintendont through HBC from my USB hard drive, it loads until "Checking for storage devices", then the screen turns green and flashes for a few seconds before kicking me back to HBC. This process repeats every time I try to launch it.

When I try to launch Nintendont through HBC on my SD card, the first time I also get the green flashing issue, but then if I launch it a second time it works! However, when launching from SD I am unable to see any games I have installed to my USB hard drive.

Things I have tried so far:
  • Updating to latest cIOS/Nintendont/USB Loader GX
  • Completely reformatting HDD (FAT32)
  • Removing all games (Wii and GC) and saves (GC) from USB HDD
    • Still crashes in the exact same way, even with no games/saves on the hard drive
  • Reverting to older Nintendont versions (think I tried 5.460 and 4.45, still similar issues)
  • Try different display adapters (have tried component cables, HDMI w/ a cheap adapter for Wii, composite cables)

I am at a loss as to what could be causing this, does anyone have any ideas of what I could test? I will be trying to get a new HDD and a larger SD card to test if those work any better and will update in case it is an issue with my HDD.

As an update for anyone finding this with similar issues where Nintendont flashes a green screen, I think the problem was with my hard drive. Bought a new 512 GB SSD and used a new USB HD, and both work. It is still surprising to me that it was the hardware, the HDD still seems to work fine for everything but loading Nintendont games
I have the same issue, sunday i tried to play some gamecube games, and nintendont wasnt working anymore, whether from the loader or from the homebrew channel

Try deleting ninconfig.bin from the root of your SD/USB
i deleted it, first it worked and i was able to launch nintendont, but now isnt working anymore

Last edited by S3basGm,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not booting a game from a hard drive is a very different issue than a player character not rendering in a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?