Dermaeher88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm having an issue in which my custom Wii theme crashes after proceeding past the health screen when emulating in Dolphin. I've spent the past couple days, off and on, trying to research potential causes and debug the theme, but I can't come to a solution. I've narrowed the crash down to the simg element that I'm using for the home screen background in ThemeMii. Without this element included in the mym/csm, the theme loads fine and emulator does not crash.

I've tried different resolutions for the background image, I've tried all 7 of the color palette formats (RGB5A3, RGBA8, RGB565, etc.), I've tried different image modes in Photoshop (RGB 8/16/32 bits per channel, indexed color, etc.), and all result in the same crash when adding the background to my mym/csm and attempting to progress past the health screen in Dolphin. I've even attempted to paste my background image on top of a background from another theme, that I KNOW works in Dolphin, in order to "convert" it to the format that the working image uses and that still results in a crash.

I've attached a log from Dolphin that includes the error(s) in case that helps any. Any suggestions on how to get this to work would be much appreciated. I'm out of ideas at this point and it's frustrating because this is literally the only thing keeping me from finishing this theme and installing it on an actual Wii.

Thanks

Attachments

• dolphin.zip
    165.5 KB · Views: 19

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know nothing about using Dolphin, but ...
it's frustrating because this is literally the only thing keeping me from finishing this theme and installing it on an actual Wii
I gather you've been slowly advancing towards completion (doing it bit-by-bit) ?
If it was working at the early stages, then perhaps backtrack a few steps that may have caused issues. Could very well be the last alteration/addition you made.
Hope you stumble on the culprit :)

Dermaeher88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've already narrowed down the culprit ;)

I've narrowed the crash down to the simg element that I'm using for the home screen background in ThemeMii. Without this element included in the mym/csm, the theme loads fine and emulator does not crash.

Last edited by Dermaeher88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto