GCN Animal Crossing GC Swiss exploit results in crash/black screen

Audrene

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I've been struggling pretty heavily with getting the ac-exploit-gc working on my GameCube.

I recently bought two 128MB GameCube memory cards- third party ones, of course. I bought these with the intent on using them to load Homebrew, since my two gray OEM memory cards did not have nearly enough space for the Animal Crossing save, the LoadDOL NES save, and any form of homebrew. However, I've come across a problem that I've been unable to fix for a week straight, despite many, many attempts.

See, when I'm able to put the LoadDOL NES save and the Animal Crossing save on my gray OEM card, running the NES in-game throws a "SUCCESS!" screen at me. Exiting the NES goes right to the save screen where the game tries to load up a DOL file, but it eventually gives a disc read error due to there being no DOL on the memory card.

When I do the same thing on my 128MB third party card, it crashes. In every single possible configuration I can think of, it always results in a crash. No "SUCCESS!" screen, no error screen, nothing. The game freezes on a black screen, doesn't respond to any controller input, and the only thing I can do is reset the console or power it off.

The configurations I've tried are as follows:
- NES save, game save, Swiss boot.dol
- NES save, game save, GBI boot.dol
- NES save, game save, IPLboot boot.dol
- NES save, game save, but with no boot.dol at all, just like the gray card
- Format the card, then try all of the above again, formatting again between each attempt
They all crashed immediately upon running the NES in-game.

I even tried this:
- Gray card with NES save and game save in Slot A, 128MB card with Swiss boot.dol in Slot B
Frustratingly, this gave me the "SUCCESS!" screen that the gray card always does, but it didn't look at Slot B's contents and gave the disc read error again. :(

FWIW I'm using a Homebrewed Wii with GCMM to put the files on the card(s).

See, at this rate, I'm convinced that the LoadDOL NES save from the exploit outright will not work on a non-OEM GameCube memory card. It didn't work on either of my 128MB cards, even though those cards can read/write just fine. I don't know what to do now, and if anyone can help me, I'd absolutely appreciate it. Hell, if anyone can confirm if their 128MB cards work with the Animal Crossing save exploit, I'd appreciate that just as much.

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had success with a third party 64MB memory card in the past, card I have looks like the image below
Screenshot 2023-11-10 135215.png

Reactions: Audrene

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
so basically you should have a boot.gci on your memory card... your long post doesnt confirm if you did this properly? which dol did you convert to gci and install on your memory card? you are the whole time refering to boot.dol instead of boot.gci

This exploit will load a homebrew boot.dol converted to a .gci with dol2gci (included in Home Bros.) from your memory card, you can also find ready-to-use homebrew .gci executables in both gameboy interface and swiss-gc.

I have no experience with Animal Crossing, only exploiting myself with Splinter Cell and Super Mario Sunshine, but the mechanism is the same,,, you need the exploited save game of the game + a boot.gci (converted dol) on the memory card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto