Hacking How to edit existing system theme?

Chris2055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can download custom themes that have been created by others and install them using MyMenuify, and you can create custom themes from scratch using a base theme pack with ThemeMii, but is there a way to make simple color edits to existing themes?

Specifically, I'd like to either change the background of Slaz0r's DarkWii to be darker (similar to the later DarkWii-darkblue4.3U.csm), or change the outline highlight in DarkWii-darkblue4.3U.csm to be light blue as in Slaz0r's DarkWii. I know I could do this if there is a way to unpack mym/csm files into their individual components for use with ThemeMii, but I couldn't find any way to do it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Iirc mym files are actually just .zip files, but I may be wrong
I recall this as well, you should just be able to open one up with winrar or 7zip, make adjustments (carefully not to break anything, original dimensions and size probably need to be maintained), then rezip.

Obv make sure u have brick protection in place before trying untested themes

Reactions: banjo2

Chris2055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I unzip the DarkWii.mym, I get a mym.ini file and a tpl folder with two files: my_BackPic_a.tpl and my_LetterS.tpl. However, I'm not sure how I can use these files with Theme Brlyt Editor to change the color. If I try to change something such as Inner BG Behind Channels, I get an error that says "Needed file not found, check your brlyt path". I assume this is because the files are in .tpl format and not .brlyt format like the Wii Base Theme Pack. Any idea how to proceed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended