Hacking Theme Brlyt Editor by The Wii Theme Team Release

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive had alot of people over the years ask me how to make Wii themes and it all goes great until they need to start changing the colours in the brlyt file

Well no longer thanks to the Theme Brlyt Editor
Its as simple as setting your brlyt folder selecting the menu part to change and picking the colour

Heres some screenshots
firstscreen.jpg

mainscreen.jpg

colourpicker.jpg

Not only have i made this but i remade our theme base from the ground up and Ive tried to make all the pictures names be as descriptive as i can so you know what each one changes just swap the pics for your own
I also added a photoshop actions file to help make the letter background as on the wii its made from 9 small pics put together

The only major bug is that custom colours in the picker dont save between sessions as soon as you close the program they are lost :(

Download Here
virustotal Here
Source Here
Download Wii Theme Team Base Pack Here

If you find any bugs or want something adding please let me know ill try my best to add it for you and push a update

Last edited by diddy81,

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I always wanted to do a system menu theme myself, but I was scared of that brlyt stuff... But with this I think I actually should try to make my own theme. As for the bug with not being able to save custom colors after closing and re-opening the programm - how about a button to export custom color values to a file, and another button to import them in a new session?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the standard wx.ColourDialog doesn't have a alpha control but has a SetCustomColour
so i used the CubeColourDialog i looked through everything i could find about it but couldn't find anything about setting custom colour

this is the first program ive made so i dont claim to be an expert and know it all but i will keep looking in to it but if anyone can point me the right way to set the custom colours it would be a big help

-Matthias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any guides or tutorials on making a theme? I just change some random colors then went to the Wii Theme Team Base Pack folder, selected all folders and files and compressed them to .mym using winrar then took the .mym to your New_Thememii_MOD and created a .csm then took it to my wii and installed with wii themer. after install, black screen. used priiloader to reinstall the dark wii theme. whats the way you make an .mym file? also the csm file i made was only 6MB when all others are around 16MB. I'm on 4.3U and yes i have 00000097.app.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
any guides or tutorials on making a theme? I just change some random colors then went to the Wii Theme Team Base Pack folder, selected all folders and files and compressed them to .mym using winrar then took the .mym to your New_Thememii_MOD and created a .csm then took it to my wii and installed with wii themer. after install, black screen. used priiloader to reinstall the dark wii theme. whats the way you make an .mym file? also the csm file i made was only 6MB when all others are around 16MB. I'm on 4.3U and yes i have 00000097.app.

sounds like you made a rar file and not a zip
just click the make mym button on the settings screen and the program will pack it to a mym for you

-Matthias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you made a rar file and not a zip
just click the make mym button on the settings screen and the program will pack it to a mym for you

still got black screen after restart. I'll list off what I'm doing:

-messed with some pics in Wii Theme Team Base Pack folder (all still same size as they were & in PNG format)

-start up Theme Brlyt Editor & set brlyt path to the brlyt folder in the Wii Theme Team Base Pack folder.

-changed some colors using Theme Brlyt Editor & then created mym like you said.

-opened up New_Thememii_MOD with 00000097.app in its folder & set standard system menu to 4.3u.

-dragged the mym file I made to thememii & created csm file then installed on wii.

the csm file was 7MB this time

wait, do I need to run anything as admin on vista?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

-messed with some pics in Wii Theme Team Base Pack folder (all still same size as they were & in PNG format)

-start up Theme Brlyt Editor & set brlyt path to the brlyt folder in the Wii Theme Team Base Pack folder.

-opened up New_Thememii_MOD with 00000097.app in its folder & set standard system menu to 4.3u.

-dragged the mym file I made to thememii & created csm file then installed on wii.

thats very odd everything sounds fine
when i build a csm of the base pack it comes to 15.6mb

pm me your mym and ill take a look at it first thing tomorrow as im just about to go to bed

Reactions: punkydudester

punkydudester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FYI - Frylock has a really nice theme tutorial on darkumbra dot net. That's how my brother did a couple not knowing anything much about Wii modding and did an excellent job. Maybe that tutorial will help you.

-Matthias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI - Frylock has a really nice theme tutorial on darkumbra dot net. That's how my brother did a couple not knowing anything much about Wii modding and did an excellent job. Maybe that tutorial will help you.

I hope @Matt536 is reading this after 8 months.

diddy already helped me out with this stuff. check out my wii themes if you want and let me know anything you don't like about them. I'm willing to update them sometime.

Only made 2 themes so far, so here are the links:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-custom-zelda-wii-theme.382568/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-custom-super-smash-bros-wii-theme.379340/

for the zelda theme I would like to get/make the empty channels img's of the triforce to a higher quality, those zig zag lines in them bug me but that's the best I could find on the net and don't really know how to make something like that.

iworthin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. Hi Diddy81, thank you so much for taking the time to make this. I love being able to make my own theme. I have designed a custom theme for my favorite TV show, The Mighty Boosh. I am really happy with it but in the memory management section I somehow messed up the memory available text so when I set it as white it is a blurry green glow that cannot be deciphered. Other colors do not show up at all. I will try and send you my MYM if you are still around to offer help I will appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by iworthin,

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
. Hi Diddy81, thank you so much for taking the time to make this. I love being able to make my own theme. I have designed a custom theme for my favorite TV show, The Mighty Boosh. I am really happy with it but in the memory management section I somehow messed up the memory available text so when I set it as white it is a blurry green glow that cannot be deciphered. Other colors do not show up at all. I will try and send you my MYM if you are still around to offer help I will appreciate it. Thanks.

sure you can pm it me and i will take a look
or you can grab a fresh copy of the base pack and use the file from that
im sure its the it_ObjSetUp_a.brlyt file that controls that part

iworthin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. I will try that in a little bit and then pm you if I have any issues. Appreciate the help.

iworthin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Diddy, I am not able to send a pm (just joined) but this is my mighty boosh mym theme. I swapped out the base file as you suggested but I am still getting the same error in the system memory. I am also attaching a picture of what I am talking about. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

UPDATE: I lucked out and found an older theme pack for my theme from before I changed settings in memory management. I was able to redo everything and I was able to recreate the problem when I changed the color on 'Free Blocks Text' to black. So I changed my background to a clear blue and left that part alone. Now it looks just the way I wanted. Thanks again for all your help and staying active.

Attachments

• Wii Memory - Green bar issues.jpeg
    Wii Memory - Green bar issues.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 1,003
Last edited by iworthin,

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Diddy, I am not able to send a pm (just joined) but this is my mighty boosh mym theme. I swapped out the base file as you suggested but I am still getting the same error in the system memory. I am also attaching a picture of what I am talking about. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

UPDATE: I lucked out and found an older theme pack for my theme from before I changed settings in memory management. I was able to redo everything and I was able to recreate the problem when I changed the color on 'Free Blocks Text' to black. So I changed my background to a clear blue and left that part alone. Now it looks just the way I wanted. Thanks again for all your help and staying active.

really glad you got it sorted

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I used your program, but there is two things that it does not change and I can't find were correct brlyt is to edit. First off if you go into the disc channel from another channel next to it the start buttons border is still light blue
search
In the home menu button can you change the blue on the top and bottom?
search

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the first problem is part of the system it doesn't reload the buttons when you switch channels without close the out the old one
as for the home menu those parts are controlled by the th_HomeBtn_d.brlyt file but its been so long since i have looked at any of this stuff that i can't tell you where in the file it is

Jolmata

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had alot of people over the years ask me how to make Wii themes and it all goes great until they need to start changing the colours in the brlyt file

Its as simple as setting your brlyt folder selecting the menu part to change and picking the colour

Heres some screenshots
firstscreen.jpg

mainscreen.jpg

colourpicker.jpg

Not only have i made this but i remade our theme base from the ground up and Ive tried to make all the pictures names be as descriptive as i can so you know what each one changes just swap the pics for your own
I also added a photoshop actions file to help make the letter background as on the wii its made from 9 small pics put together

The only major bug is that custom colours in the picker dont save between sessions as soon as you close the program they are lost :(

Download Here
virustotal Here
Source Here

If you find any bugs or want something adding please let me know ill try my best to add it for you and push a update

Heres some screenshots
firstscreen.jpg

mainscreen.jpg

colourpicker.jpg

Download Here
virustotal Here
Source Here

where do I install wii theme team base pack on the sd card or usb thumb jump?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over