Hacking Homebrew My wii games work, my gamecube gamea don't?

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys, just modded my wii, it has usbloadergx and nintendont, and my wii wbfs show up fine and play fine, but my gamecube isos don't show up in usbloader or nintendont, if i put them in the wbfs folder instead of the games folder they show up as wii games but can't be played, but when i have them in the games folder i can't find them anywhere. I know i must have done something wrong, but no idea what. Can anyone help??

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Are they loose in the "games" folder? They should be sorted into subfolders with the game ID. Ensure you have this set up correctly.

Here's an example:

1677536506120.png
1677536519455.png

Reactions: Wondermike

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Make sure you're putting GameCube games in the first partition formatted to FAT32 with the folder structure like someone else has already stated.
My games are in individual folders that has the game id as name, and the game is just named game.iso
But what does the '' first partition'' thing mean?
And how do i go about it, could be my problem i guess

Everything is on one usb drive formattet to fat32

Last edited by Wondermike,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My games are in individual folders that has the game id as name, and the game is just named game.iso
But what does the '' first partition'' thing mean?
And how do i go about it, could be my problem i guess

Everything is on one usb drive formattet to fat32
If it's not partitioned and you only have 1, then you should be fine.

If you're using a USB drive, those tend to be more finicky to work with the Wii iirc, so it may just be incompatible? Can't say for sure. Try using a different USB port and/or USB drive if you can.

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If it's not partitioned and you only have 1, then you should be fine.

If you're using a USB drive, those tend to be more finicky to work with the Wii iirc, so it may just be incompatible? Can't say for sure. Try using a different USB port and/or USB drive if you can.
I thought when the wii games worked that meant it was compatible, but i am gonna try using a micro sd in a usb adaptor and see if it makes any difference, thanks so much!!

Would i be better off using a 1tb internal hdd in a enclosure with sata to usb cable?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought when the wii games worked that meant it was compatible, but i am gonna try using a micro sd in a usb adaptor and see if it makes any difference, thanks so much!!

Would i be better off using a 1tb internal hdd in a enclosure with sata to usb cable?
I don't know for sure, so take it with a grain of salt.

Portable hard drive with a Y-splitter USB cable would be best, yes. You can sometimes get away without using a Y-split USB cable, but using one is better since it'll ensure sufficient power since the USB ports don't give very reliable power.

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I don't know for sure, so take it with a grain of salt.

Portable hard drive with a Y-splitter USB cable would be best, yes. You can sometimes get away without using a Y-split USB cable, but using one is better since it'll ensure sufficient power since the USB ports don't give very reliable power.
Y splitter is the cable with one end goint into the hdd and then 2 usb's on the other end right?

And then i put the usbs in both ports on the wii?

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Make sure to your ISO is named correctly if you have file extensions hidden in windows then you might of named it to game.iso.iso and it will not show up in usb loader gx or nintendont rename your ISO to just game
Gonna try this as soon as i get home, might have been the problem all along!
Post automatically merged:

Make sure to your ISO is named correctly if you have file extensions hidden in windows then you might of named it to game.iso.iso and it will not show up in usb loader gx or nintendont rename your ISO to just game
Omg this was it, i am an idiot 😂
Thank you so much man, big big help

Last edited by Wondermike,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Some wii games come in RVZ format, what do i do with them?
RVZ format is specifically meant for use with Dolphin emulator. Best option is to find a WBFS or ISO of the game instead of bothering with RVZ... if your intention is to play on a console.
Edit: If you really want to, you can convert RVZ back to ISO using Dolphin. Here are the official instructions:
Can be reverted? Yes (In Dolphin, right-click the game, select "Convert File..." and select ISO)
This is possible because the RVZ format, despite compressing the game data, is lossless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1