Linneo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everybody.
Today I received my first PS4. It's a brand new never opened PS4 fat 500GB Call of Duty Black Ops III.
It came with OFW 3.15.
My question, since I'm an old PS3 CFW happy user but absolutely new to PS4 world: Should I go online, update to newest OFW and enjoy the online experience, or should I take advantage of the low firmware I got and go hacking?
Will I be able to download backups from the Internet like I do on my PS3? Because from what I've been reading, ps4 jailbreak is not like the ps3. There is a lot of fake info and the reliable sources are hard to find. That's why I'm asking what may be obvious, but I really can't be sure.
I'm open to suggestions. Lol
Tanks

D

Deleted User

update to 5.05, sell it for a fat stack of cash, and get a 6.02 + extra cash, or use the 5.05 hacks

Last edited by ,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to use backups and homebrew, you can update to v5.05 BUT NO HIGHER!!!
All the relevant information and guides can be found here and there is a great community here who are always willing to help out.:)

I you decide you want to play online or play the very latest games you must be on the latest firmware which is not exploitable and you cannot downgrade the PS4.

If you decide that you dont want to use the PS4 for exploits and backups please consider selling the PS4 on the low firmware to give someone else a chance of having an exploitable PS4. It would be such a shame to waste an exploitable console.:sad:

Linneo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow, this forum is really active. That's nice.
Thank you all for your quick replies.
As I thought, getting a low firmware PS4 doesn't happen every day.
I can't waste this opportunity.
I will take some time to start from the beginning, reading all the info available on the forum to jailbreak it.
Thanks again!

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Leeful

Linneo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have already updated to 5.05 successfully.
Now I have a question:
Can I go online and register in psnetwork without risk of a firmware update, so I can enjoy online features for a while, before exploiting? I have one genuine game I could play online.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But there is really a lot to read, and PS4 jailbreak is so different to PS3 that I still don't even understand all the new terms... LOL

I know I have to take my time to read and learn, but its Saturday, the best day to play with a new PS4 =)

Thanks!

PS: Should I start a new thread for this new question?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already updated to 5.05 successfully.
Now I have a question:
Can I go online and register in psnetwork without risk of a firmware update, so I can enjoy online features for a while, before exploiting? I have one genuine game I could play online.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But there is really a lot to read, and PS4 jailbreak is so different to PS3 that I still don't even understand all the new terms... LOL

I know I have to take my time to read and learn, but its Saturday, the best day to play with a new PS4 =)

Thanks!

PS: Should I start a new thread for this new question?

No PSN access if you want to stay on 5.05.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A full comprehensive guide :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Maybe it's better if you keep it on 5.05. No one knows if we will ever see another exploit released for a higher firmware in the future. You can sell it later if you want they are precious and very rare. You're lucky you got a low FW PS4.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: KiiWii

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly in case you haven't opened it yet, I'd resell it. New old stock on old firmware will get you some nice cash and get an exploitable PS Pro. 4k HDR makes a huge difference, even if you dont have a tv yet that can do so, it's something you could appreciate and be thankful in the future.

just read his 2nd post... nooooooooo. he opened the box. Oh well. it's all about the enjoyment of exploration at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: