Homebrew My 3DS was bricked by sysUpdater

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a backup of your SysNAND without a hardmod, just get access to the GW Launcher and backup from there.
The hardmod is only required for restoring the NAND back onto a bricked device. So if he made a backup beforehand he can still fix it.
Big Contradiction: People tried to downgrade => >9.2 3DS VS be able to make NAND back up => <9.3 3DS

Kevans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. I followed everything exactly and this still happened. Do you think it will be possible to repair a soft-brick in the future? Do you think Nintendo would fix it if I sent it in?

About your question about Nintendo... I'm not sure, but here in Spain I know two guys who managed to send it to them by saying that the console bricked because "it fall down". They had to pay for the reparation, though.

Well, you can try to call them and see if they can do something for you, but I think that it's cheaper to buy a new one that fixing it.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I'm surprised I didn't get bricked. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and was able to downgrade, and install rxtools. I'm sorry about your 3DS. I know how it feels to get a system bricked. Funny thing is, a bunch of people are having this problem now. It was fine last night with no reports of bricking. Did nintendo sneak in a patch?

Aerow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wouldn't say it's "totally safe" if there is a chance of catastrophic failure.
safe
sāf/
adjective
adjective: safe; comparative adjective: safer; superlative adjective: safest
1.​
protected from or not exposed to danger or risk

I'm fine with the outcome as well, but it upsets me how many people were saying it's completely safe when it's obviously not.

So you took time to type out this stuff, getting technical with the word and whatnot, and read OP's replies in that thread but didn't bother to read the replies about some people bricking their 3DS?

Itachi_hoshigaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, love how the other threads claim it's 100% safe if you don't do anything stupid.
My .cias were perfectly fine, I had the right region, etc.
Yeah right. My fault, but really... don't present it as 100% safe if it is not.

The way I See it, it was nobody else's fault but yours, mate. You could've just wait for a safer version, that's what I'm doing.
There's is no thread in here that says this method is 100 percent safe, it clearly says that if you brick your console (aka:Yes, you CAN BRICK) it is 100% your fault.

Reactions: De0hc

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4success
I was doing it right, might have said it wrong earlier by accident.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The way I See it, it was nobody else's fault but yours, mate. You could've just wait for a safer version, that's what I'm doing.
There's is no thread in here that says this method is 100 percent safe, it clearly says that if you brick your console (aka:Yes, you CAN BRICK) it is 100% your fault.
It is my fault, just irritating the OP said it would be totally safe.

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the brick :\ That's the reason why i havent used the tool yet. I only have 1 3DS that i barely found money to buy used and i'm definitely not willing to risk losing it.

For other users - unless you have a hardmod - do NOT use the tool just yet! Wait until it's completely stable

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about something. I know you can't backup your naad on 10.3 without a hardmod, but on 9.2 and lower you can without one, so let's say you successfully downgraded and backed up your naad but a friend comes along and updates your 3DS back to 10.3. Would you be able to use your backed up naad to restore your 3DS if you hard bricked it while attempting to downgrade?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto