boot

fredericofb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Bought a NEW 3DS XL that looks like almost brand new. No signs of wear. It didn't had any battery so I bought a new one and plugged it in. It turned on with no problem so I, without thinking, made a factory reset. It turned off the console but when was restarting i only got black screens and blue and amber light on. Recovery mode works but when trying to update it says it has an error and turns off again. I've tried to have the micro sd with cfw installed to see if it was modded but didn't work. The micro sd only had a nintendo 3d folder in it so I think it was unmodded. I was so stupid to reset to factory settings after powering it up and now I can't do anything with it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bought a NEW 3DS XL that looks like almost brand new. No signs of wear. It didn't had any battery so I bought a new one and plugged it in. It turned on with no problem so I, without thinking, made a factory reset. It turned off the console but when was restarting i only got black screens and blue and amber light on. Recovery mode works but when trying to update it says it has an error and turns off again. I've tried to have the micro sd with cfw installed to see if it was modded but didn't work. The micro sd only had a nintendo 3d folder in it so I think it was unmodded. I was so stupid to reset to factory settings after powering it up and now I can't do anything with it.
Possibly a faulty NAND.
Factory reset shouldn't affect CFW.
ntrboot using a DS flashcart is your best bet, you can manually wipe data & perform a ctrtransfer to solve any corruption.

Reactions: fredericofb

fredericofb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Deleting the folder inside the data folder on CTRNAND is effectively the same as factory reset.
Thank you. This was very strange. Hope that it works...
Post automatically merged:

Deleting the folder inside the data folder on CTRNAND is effectively the same as factory reset.
There's 9.2.0 CTRTransfer also. Which one should I use?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you. This was very strange. Hope that it works...
Post automatically merged:

There's 9.2.0 CTRTransfer also. Which one should I use?
Do make a full NAND backup first, just in case.
Deleting the contents of the data folder is not quite equivalent to a factory reset, factory reset actually deletes/recreates some more stuff in addition to that. movable.sed (in the "private" folder) is recreated/changed for example and there might be others. But I am not sure if this file is safe to delete. I'm fairly sure that deleting the contents of the data folder is safe since it is just system save data and would be empty on a newly factory reset console anyway.

Doesn't really matter what ctrtransfer image you use since you can update it afterwards. But generally I refer people to https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer which has its own suggestion.

Reactions: fredericofb

fredericofb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do make a full NAND backup first, just in case.
Deleting the contents of the data folder is not quite equivalent to a factory reset, factory reset actually deletes/recreates some more stuff in addition to that. movable.sed (in the "private" folder) is recreated/changed for example and there might be others. But I am not sure if this file is safe to delete. I'm fairly sure that deleting the contents of the data folder is safe since it is just system save data and would be empty on a newly factory reset console anyway.

Doesn't really matter what ctrtransfer image you use since you can update it afterwards. But generally I refer people to https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer which has its own suggestion.
It worked! Thank You! But now I found that the cameras aren't working. I previously had opened the console to plug out and in the wifi cable and I don't know if I did something to the cameras. None of them work

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Thank You! But now I found that the cameras aren't working. I previously had opened the console to plug out and in the wifi cable and I don't know if I did something to the cameras. None of them work

The cable for the camera is behind the top screen

1707491898234.png

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Camera+Replacement/86337

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto