Homebrew My 3DS was bricked by sysUpdater

risho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewhat large is an oxymoron. i dunno what you were trying to downgrade but if it was an n3ds then you are living in serious denial because almost every single post was warning against it. theres also been plenty of people saying not to do it at all for any of them. you did a cost benefit analysis and decided it was worth the risk. and if that wasnt what you did then you were negligent and you should be paying more attention to whats going on.

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewhat large is an oxymoron. i dunno what you were trying to downgrade but if it was an n3ds then you are living in serious denial because almost every single post was warning against it. theres also been plenty of people saying not to do it at all for any of them. you did a cost benefit analysis and decided it was worth the risk. and if that wasnt what you did then you were negligent and you should be paying more attention to whats going on.
It's an O3DS. I followed the instructions exactly.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't even boot into recovery, you're out of luck. That means the system files are incompatible or corrupted. That's hard-brick status, I believe, because there's no fix for it. Eventually I'd guess someone will figure out a hardmod to unbrick it and start a $50 repair service similar to how the existing android device unbricking services work.

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't even boot into recovery, you're out of luck. That means the system files are incompatible or corrupted. That's hard-brick status, I believe, because there's no fix for it. Eventually I'd guess someone will figure out a hardmod to unbrick it and start a $50 repair service similar to how the existing android device unbricking services work.
rip 3ds then.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check the size of the cia files and their hashes AFTER transferring them to your 3ds?
Transferring can be a bit unreliable, especially through ftp.

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check the size of the cia files and their hashes AFTER transferring them to your 3ds?
Transferring can be a bit unreliable, especially through ftp.
The files were all fine.
I transferred using an SD card reader, not ftp.

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious was the new build added to the first page when released? Or was it just added say like page 84 or something?

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of just updating the tutorial maybe the next working build should be on the first page to make sure there's no confusion and no ones using an old build with an up to date tutorial.

I have personally read through all pages on the thread but others don't have time to look through 100 pages just incase there's a new build that should be on page 1. This is why I am not downgrading till I know exactly what's going on and making sure the tutorial is fully up to date.

Reactions: Arubaro

LarBob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of just updating the tutorial maybe the next working build should be on the first page to make sure there's no confusion and no ones using an old build with an up to dats tutorial.

I have personally read through all pages on the thread but others don't have time to look through 100 pages just incase there's a new build that should be on page 1. This is why I am not downgrading till I know exactly what's going on and making sure the tutorial is fully up to date.
Good idea. Now I have what was an (almost) perfectly good 3DS out of commission due to (mostly) my error.

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
Good idea. Now I have what was an (almost) perfectly good 3DS out of commission due to (mostly) my error.

Also I am waiting for the hype to Die down. The thread is moving so fast at the moment with questions and bricks. Cant tell wether I'm coming or going lol

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't make a backup without a hard mod. The Gateway launcher doesn't work on 9.3+ and memchunkhax2 does not have enough permissions to make a backup via software.

Oh, i forgot about that. My bad.

Dang, so people that are downgrading have the potential to just be screwed forever lol. That sucks. I hope i dont mess mines up tomorrow.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He could only do it with a hardmod.
they assume gateway because prior to this recent downgrading spree sysupdater was used to update sysnand hence sys-update-r
with that said and the fact that the title nor the op says that he was downgrading it makes perfect sense that people come in here giving false hope talking about backups and all . . . so @LarBob edit the op so the redundant question(s) about your non existent backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.