Munchkin - Ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Gaisuto, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    A friend of mine brought it over today and we played the hell out of it. That was probably the most fun I've had with a traditional game in a very long time. I can't wait to play it some more this weekend. [​IMG] I wish there was a way to play this digitally or something online for free, cards cost a lot. Yeesh.

[​IMG]

2. sfunk

sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2002
    Canada
    Ottawa
    My friend recently introduced me to this game and I'm inclined to agree with you, it is some of the most fun I've had playing cards in a long time. We've played a few games over the last couple of weeks and he's already picked up a couple of the expansions. I disagree about the online part though; this is a game designed to be played in person. Nothing beats the look of frustration on your friends' face as you screw him over for the umpteenth time. Game is expensive though, ~30 dollars for some cards? I thought 8 for regular ones was expensive [​IMG].

3. Maktub

Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    Málaga
    I played it years ago and was great fun. Good that you've found it.

4. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    That's exactly why I was hoping for an online version mainly, cardboard costs money. [​IMG]

5. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    lol Those look cool.

Where's he buy them at?

6. sfunk

sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2002
    Canada
    Ottawa
    Probably any shop that specializes in role-playing books/games (the pen and paper type). Maybe a comic shop? Or perhaps online: http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/ .

7. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Amazon.com sells them the cheapest, but they have so few left of the base game. [​IMG]

8. Taza

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    I'm just sad I don't have RL friends who'd appreciate a good game of Munchkin or Paranoia. ;_;

9. apb407

apb407 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    United States
    lol i really thought you meant munchkin like from dunkin donuts when i entered the topic [​IMG]

10. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Scan cards, code wifi game, share [​IMG] (wish it were as easy as t sounds lol)

11. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    It's fun, used to play it a lot with friends from uni [​IMG] I preferred Munchkin Fu to the original, possibly because the one time we played with the original deck they threw in an expansion pack with 8 of us playing, and after a few *hours* in a single game fun wasn't starting to seem quite so fun anymore.

We did Paranoia once as well, I didn't like it. I spent most of the game *trying* to get my character/s killed off.