Munchkin - Ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Gaisuto, Jan 22, 2009.

Jan 22, 2009

Munchkin - Ever heard of it? by Gaisuto at 10:49 PM (1,099 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    A friend of mine brought it over today and we played the hell out of it. That was probably the most fun I've had with a traditional game in a very long time. I can't wait to play it some more this weekend. [​IMG] I wish there was a way to play this digitally or something online for free, cards cost a lot. Yeesh.

[​IMG]

2. sfunk

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My friend recently introduced me to this game and I'm inclined to agree with you, it is some of the most fun I've had playing cards in a long time. We've played a few games over the last couple of weeks and he's already picked up a couple of the expansions. I disagree about the online part though; this is a game designed to be played in person. Nothing beats the look of frustration on your friends' face as you screw him over for the umpteenth time. Game is expensive though, ~30 dollars for some cards? I thought 8 for regular ones was expensive [​IMG].

3. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    I played it years ago and was great fun. Good that you've found it.

4. Gaisuto
    OP

United States
    That's exactly why I was hoping for an online version mainly, cardboard costs money. [​IMG]

5. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    lol Those look cool.

Where's he buy them at?

6. sfunk

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Probably any shop that specializes in role-playing books/games (the pen and paper type). Maybe a comic shop? Or perhaps online: http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/ .

7. Gaisuto
    OP

United States
    Amazon.com sells them the cheapest, but they have so few left of the base game. [​IMG]

8. Taza

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    I'm just sad I don't have RL friends who'd appreciate a good game of Munchkin or Paranoia. ;_;

9. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    lol i really thought you meant munchkin like from dunkin donuts when i entered the topic [​IMG]

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Scan cards, code wifi game, share [​IMG] (wish it were as easy as t sounds lol)

11. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    It's fun, used to play it a lot with friends from uni [​IMG] I preferred Munchkin Fu to the original, possibly because the one time we played with the original deck they threw in an expansion pack with 8 of us playing, and after a few *hours* in a single game fun wasn't starting to seem quite so fun anymore.

We did Paranoia once as well, I didn't like it. I spent most of the game *trying* to get my character/s killed off.