OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine brought it over today and we played the hell out of it. That was probably the most fun I've had with a traditional game in a very long time. I can't wait to play it some more this weekend.
smile.gif
I wish there was a way to play this digitally or something online for free, cards cost a lot. Yeesh.

Munchcard3.jpg

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My friend recently introduced me to this game and I'm inclined to agree with you, it is some of the most fun I've had playing cards in a long time. We've played a few games over the last couple of weeks and he's already picked up a couple of the expansions. I disagree about the online part though; this is a game designed to be played in person. Nothing beats the look of frustration on your friends' face as you screw him over for the umpteenth time. Game is expensive though, ~30 dollars for some cards? I thought 8 for regular ones was expensive
tongue.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sfunk said:
My friend recently introduced me to this game and I'm inclined to agree with you, it is some of the most fun I've had playing cards in a long time. We've played a few games over the last couple of weeks and he's already picked up a couple of the expansions. I disagree about the online part though; this is a game designed to be played in person. Nothing beats the look of frustration on your friends' face as you screw him over for the umpteenth time. Game is expensive though, ~30 dollars for some cards? I thought 8 for regular ones was expensive
tongue.gif
That's exactly why I was hoping for an online version mainly, cardboard costs money.
mellow.gif

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:
sfunk said:
tongue.gif
That's exactly why I was hoping for an online version mainly, cardboard costs money.
mellow.gif

Yeah I know it's expensive but a large portion of the fun of the game for me comes from being in the room with the other players; ribbing on them, stopping them from cheating, watching them react, etc.
tongue.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(jph @ Jan 22 2009, 06:11 PM)
lol Those look cool.

Where's he buy them at?

Probably any shop that specializes in role-playing books/games (the pen and paper type). Maybe a comic shop? Or perhaps online: [url=http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/]http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/[/url] .

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fun, used to play it a lot with friends from uni
smile.gif
I preferred Munchkin Fu to the original, possibly because the one time we played with the original deck they threw in an expansion pack with 8 of us playing, and after a few *hours* in a single game fun wasn't starting to seem quite so fun anymore.

We did Paranoia once as well, I didn't like it. I spent most of the game *trying* to get my character/s killed off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.