Final Fantasy XVI Demo

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone played or is playing it? I'm going through it. I'm pleasantly surprised. I never played xv, but xvi is quite good. the dialogue is superb, voice acting excellent, the characters are believable, and the battles are very fast paced. like a friend of mine said, one of the best things about it is that you don't have to be an action games expert to do well. I just wish you could hold more of a single item. if you go over, you automatically use the item, which I guess is good instead of it being wasted, but you get to the max potions very quickly. I've beaten two bosses so far. the only reason I turned off the game was to recharge the controller. anyway, I'm looking forward to the full game next week, which btw, the save from the demo transfers over to. I do not know how long the demo is, but I probably wouldn't have even bothered playing it otherwise.

Reactions: tabzer

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beat the demo earlier. it's about two and a half hours long. story is excellent. you can save right after beating the demo, but the save will not work on the demo itself. it's meant for the full game.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'll enjoy playing this when it comes out. I played the demo twice and it looks like the English voice acting is a better fit. I'm a little annoyed with how the Japanese lines up with it. I can tell that the character development is already more interesting than XV and it looks like the combat is going to become more interesting as you gain experience.

Reactions: veraci_00

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll enjoy playing this when it comes out. I played the demo twice and it looks like the English voice acting is a better fit. I'm a little annoyed with how the Japanese lines up with it. I can tell that the character development is already more interesting than XV and it looks like the combat is going to become more interesting as you gain experience.
yeah, the lips and the English voices seem to match up pretty well. although the game is better than I expected it to be, I do prefer the older final fantasies. I still consider the tales of games to be the best rpg series currently, since they never stray too far from their core, while also providing some very entertaining stories. ffxvi looks to have a fantastic story from what I've seen so far. it did seem a bit linear though, but there's mention of side quests at some point during the demo. I also couldn't figure out how to exit an area once I had entered it. maybe it was in the status screen stuff?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yeah, the lips and the English voices seem to match up pretty well. although the game is better than I expected it to be, I do prefer the older final fantasies. I still consider the tales of games to be the best rpg series currently, since they never stray too far from their core, while also providing some very entertaining stories. ffxvi looks to have a fantastic story from what I've seen so far. it did seem a bit linear though, but there's mention of side quests at some point during the demo. I also couldn't figure out how to exit an area once I had entered it. maybe it was in the status screen stuff?
I think the areas are story locked the first time we explore them in the demo, so we can anticipate fast travel in the future. It's kind of a letdown, for me, as I liked exploring parts of the world and getting through land barriers, accessing new modes of transportation, etc.

Anyway, I already like it better than XIII. I hope the story continues to impress!

Reactions: veraci_00

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the areas are story locked the first time we explore them in the demo, so we can anticipate fast travel in the future. It's kind of a letdown, for me, as I liked exploring parts of the world and getting through land barriers, accessing new modes of transportation, etc.

Anyway, I already like it better than XIII. I hope the story continues to impress!
I bought the 13 trilogy for the series x. I've beaten 1 way back on the 360. I did like the paradigm system though, but imo, the gambit system of 12 is probably as close to fully automated as you can get. As for 16, one of the great things is them giving you a lot of time for qte stuff like dodging. Definitely good if not totally paying attention. I like how fast-paced the battles are as well. I'm hoping it's not as linear as the demo or it might be another ff13. Problem with ff13's story is that it's convoluted, then they give you a dictionary of terms to look stuff up. Ff16 seems to be far easier to follow.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense for the English voices and lip syncing to match pretty well. After all, Yoshi-P has said that they made the motion capture and voice acting in English first and the best way to experience is to play it in English voices.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone happen to know the firmware requirement for the full game? Wondering if I can buy a physical copy and play on my un updated ps5.

codie-fz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also skipped XV, mostly because I couldn't get into the whole "boyband" dynamic and esthetics, and was pleasantly surprised by the XVI demo. Really enjoyed the Game of Thrones like story setup and the gameplay was fast, smooth and intuitive. Hiring the Devil May Cry guy for it was definitely a good call.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was quite pleased with XVI's demo! Once I get through my backlog, I'll be purchasing a full copy of the game.

I also skipped XV, mostly because I couldn't get into the whole "boyband" dynamic and esthetics, and was pleasantly surprised by the XVI demo. Really enjoyed the Game of Thrones like story setup and the gameplay was fast, smooth and intuitive. Hiring the Devil May Cry guy for it was definitely a good call.
XV deserves to be played. Any sort of "boy band" aesthetic it has goes away pretty quickly once you get to Lestallum, and the story amps up to deeper than it seems on the surface to compensate.

codie-fz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XV deserves to be played. Any sort of "boy band" aesthetic it has goes away pretty quickly once you get to Lestallum, and the story amps up to deeper than it seems on the surface to compensate.
Ah interesting; then I might give it a go some time after I finished XVI!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO