Preserving game demos and other non-full games?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@InsaneNutter has a community dedicated mainly to Xbox 360 content and it is incredible that you can find almost any demo there and transfer it over to your 360 (it doesn't need to be hacked or anything).

However, PS3 is split across multiple websites and hosts, e.g. Archive, MEGA, NPS, Brewology, PSX-Place, and so on. I for one enjoy checking out demos to compare it to the retail games and see if there's any difference (for the better or worse) so I just store them in my PS3/PS4 Backup HDD.

Did you know you can play PlayStation Home again if you'd want? Yes, you can! :) Well, it's an old demo so it's not the "full" experience as you may remember, though for nostalgia it's very much enjoyable.

There's more other cool stuff, too.

Reactions: InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I think that is the downside of gaming these days, access to a lot of content is time limited. Even if you do purchase something you will eventually have problems if that console dies or online services get switched off. The 3DS is a good example of this as content is tied to a console and not an account.

Someone this time next year might want to buy Fruit Ninja for the Kinect or another digital only game and it will be impossible, that I do think is a sad thing. Regardless of peoples views on piracy, it is essential at some point during a consoles lifespan from a content preservation viewpoint.

Glad you found the content on Digiex useful! we certainly have built up a lot of 360 content over the years. Never something I intended to do, it just kind of happened. I've managed to obtain trial versions of pretty much all XBLA games now, along with most demos, even the ones not currently on Digiex, that's been ongoing for several years suspecting Microsoft were going to close the Marketplace / Xbox Live on the 360 sooner or later.

I like how many older games and services are kept going by the community. Amax Emu allows the PC version of Blur to still be played today for example, then we have Insignia as a replacement for Xbox Live on the OG Xbox.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup