Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know. I have to admit, im starting to regret buying a gateway now that this popped out of nowhere. I'm still waiting for a stable release to come out for eshop access, multirom support...etc. This MT card also seems like it is going to be cheaper for some reason. Anxious to see the price of it.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I dont know. I have to admit, im starting to regret buying a gateway now that this popped out of nowhere. I'm still waiting for a stable release to come out for eshop access, multirom support...etc. This MT card also seems like it is going to be cheaper for some reason. Anxious to see the price of it.

That is the danger of being first to market. Someone will fix what is failing with the first to market. Or improve apon what you got.

M

milkman12345

I was planning on getting myself a Gateway next week. Now I don't know what to do. There has even been promised a new exploit for 7.x 3DS's making my attempt to hunt down a 4.5 system a waste...

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a lot of effort to develop a product from scratch, the Gateway Team has impressed us with each release. The 3ds cards thus far are a product of reverse engineering, clones of the original and not likely feature complete. There is always the possibility that the mt-card could very well be a game changer, it is said to have more features, and it seems to be based on a unique hardware design. The customer is king here, you choose who gets your money. Will it be Gateway the original, or a company selling a product that is hopefully just as good? Only time will tell whose flash card will reign supreme. For the moment Gateway is the best, but what about next month?

Reactions: Diablos90

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
milkman12345 - Woah, where'd you get that info? That'd be fantastic, but I've never heard that before. Also, I've emailed them about a price and release date, let's see if they respond (although I'm sure a ton others already did the same)

Kever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a lot of effort to develop a product from scratch, the Gateway Team has impressed us with each release. The 3ds cards thus far are a product of reverse engineering, clones of the original and not likely feature complete. There is always the possibility that the mt-card could very well be a game changer, it is said to have more features, and it seems to based on a unique hardware design. The customer is king here, you choose who gets your money. Will it be Gateway the original, or a company selling a product that is hopefully just as good? Only time will tell whose flash card will reign supreme. For the moment Gateway is the best, but what about next month?
supercard 3dsone ^^
:P

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I dont think there is much point not using GW as a base, the work has been done for them, and they can work from there, with Multirom since GW doesnt have a button on cart, they can prob code a button combo for on the fly game switching instead

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Like other user said, the button is not exactly a deal maker. It would be obnoxious to change between 10 or even worse, 20 roms with that button and also the card could popout if you press it with a little more strength than the necessary; however it still could look appealing, specially for "the children".

As for me, I would prefer a GUI accessible from home menu over this button.

Gerbilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I have learned from 50 years of buying electronics is that you buy for the features that are available now and content yourself with that. Any extra features which emerge after the purchase are great but you should never buy for what you hope, or the manufacturer say, they might or will do in the future.

Tybus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a great deal, Gateway could easily replace their button with a hotkey (Easier now since 7.0 cameras will only trigger if L + R are pressed [Press L to go up in your list of your games, R to go down]), Still they are pretty late to sell and they are just using features that gateway is already working... and I really dont see the need of an USB port, gateway has said their flashcart is fully upgratable. I'm staying with gateway (Just arrived yesterday and now i see this post :( )

Btw, I dont know if every Gateway has a hole where this MT has its button... Maybe my gateway wanted to Poke evolve or something :S

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lack of graphical GUI image (i.e. Gateway's logo screen) when going to the profile menu probably allows the MT card to load up faster

tickle.my.pickle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on getting myself a Gateway next week. Now I don't know what to do. There has even been promised a new exploit for 7.x 3DS's making my attempt to hunt down a 4.5 system a waste...

anyone reputable enough to back this up??
hmm.. but kinda make sense... 2 updates in a month... i mean 7.0.1.3 was just released like a week ago.. and .1.4 came out of nowhere...

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just another empty promise atm, if a new kernel mode exploit was found for newer firmwares, we would know about it, they just have to say we are working on 5.0-7.1 compatability cause others have said the same, if/when it happens it probably wont be a flashcart team that finds it either...... Its a sales technique, that way people will buy even without a 4.1-4.5 system, in the hope their promises come true, but hey dreams are free :)

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
from GT team

MT-Card is just a new clone from the clone makers (R4i etc.), same team. Just
as they can't update their old card, they make a new one under a different name
as they know old customers will be upset to know they have been scammed. With a
new name, they hope to scam more users.

Our firmware is just a few days away, so we won't release video, it is not
needed, people can enjoy all the features before 2014 anyway.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For crybabies go wait a year or three, maybe the market price will be 20 euro for an awesome 3ds flashcart.
Meanwhile those people who bought the cart earlier will be able to play for "free".
I bought the gateway right away, have no regret because it is a good cart and so far enough support.
Still have 20 games to go, so i dont see the problem here.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from GT team

MT-Card is just a new clone from the clone makers (R4i etc.), same team. Just
as they can't update their old card, they make a new one under a different name
as they know old customers will be upset to know they have been scammed. With a
new name, they hope to scam more users.

Our firmware is just a few days away, so we won't release video, it is not
needed, people can enjoy all the features before 2014 anyway.

waiting for the day that there wil be a really good card with a team that isnt so arrogant as gateway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge