Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
from GT team

MT-Card is just a new clone from the clone makers (R4i etc.), same team. Just
as they can't update their old card, they make a new one under a different name
as they know old customers will be upset to know they have been scammed. With a
new name, they hope to scam more users.

Our firmware is just a few days away, so we won't release video, it is not
needed, people can enjoy all the features before 2014 anyway.
if this is true i don't care if gateway doesn't do anything magical (dont need multirom, emunand) as long as they make ALL games works one way or another I would be satisfied.

waiting for the day that there wil be a really good card with a team that isnt so arrogant as gateway
not so much arrogance. rumors say they are really r4i rebranded and why would you be arrogant you made some work which is being taking by others and sold as theirs? If they even had a slight mention that its "based" on gateway I think they wouldn't have to show such arrogance.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if this is true i don't care if gateway doesn't do anything magical (dont need multirom, emunand) as long as they make ALL games works one way or another I would be satisfied.

not so much arrogance. rumors say they are really r4i rebranded and why would you be arrogant you made some work which is being taking by others and sold as theirs? If they even had a slight mention that its "based" on gateway I think they wouldn't have to show such arrogance.

hmm not arrogance than but a little bit too rash? they even didnt upload their launcher.dat

but **** r4i if its really a clone

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if it is a clone, it is a clone with some improvements, which I appriciate.

but if this video isn't fake, which i doubt for now, then they got even more options like save editor etc. so then i doubt it is a clone.

but just wait and see for now

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
MTcard will be released before the 2014 New Year,
Price announced at launch.
Thank you for your interest in our products!
Emailed them to see if they reply took a day for reply

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
"Play 3DS games on 2DS/3DS/DSi/DS consoles", well no, that's not how it works :D

lol, true that. I didn't see that part :lol:

"Due to the design defect of the previous 3DS card with hardware architecture, too much inconvenient problems are coming out. In order to solve these problems, we will take the user experience as the most important thing at the beginning of our research period, so we will do our best to create a brand-new and innovative product based on the flexible hardware architecture and the safe、stable upgrade."

Does this mean this is not their first card? :wink:

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
so anyone ordering this I would like to see how it works videos/review not sure how long it takes for delivery from this site

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so anyone ordering this I would like to see how it works videos/review not sure how long it takes for delivery from this site

Most likely it will be coming from China and that could take several weeks. I'd say to wait at this point and see when GBAtemp is able to get a review up, if possible.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, it really seems that they are R4i after all, judging for what they have done (and for what they didn't want to do). But regardless, I laugh at their attempt of trying to sell that for 75USD :lol: yeah, of course, that push-button and mini USB port is worth 15USD.

Reactions: IronClouds

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, it really seems that they are R4i after all, judging for what they have done (and for what they didn't want to do). But regardless, I laugh at their attempt of trying to sell that for 75USD :lol: yeah, of course, that push-button and mini USB port is worth 15USD.

Well, I don't really care about any flashcart atm since well, they still don't allow homebrew (I seriously want to play an snes game on the 3ds, it just ain't the same to play them on the phone or or a psp). However, you're way too quick to call this another clone by the r4 team, there still isn't any actual proof of it being as such.
As for the price tag, don't you recall the price stores put for GateWay flashcarts before their actual price was announced? I also seem to recall Gateway costing 80$, dunno right now but if it's still that, this still ends up being cheaper.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Lawrence
Do not buy
it works fine for single roms but why buy if it doesn't work well with multirom the switch is just a gimmick doesn't do anything when you press better off getting 3dslink since it has exact same funcationality
Sam Gleadle
Previous reviewer was right
Its a fake don't waste your money on this buy one of the other three. The switch is useless as it doesn't let you to select different rom, just one rom per microsd
Jason
Doesn't work
Fake card pretty much like R4i and doesn't do multi rom!
I really wonder where did these reviews came from, since its not avalible yet.​

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really wonder where did these reviews came from, since its not avalible yet.

Obviously it's people paid by R4i/3DSlink. R4i/3DSlink will now want to sell as much of their warehouse of old, uselesss stock as they can now, before MT-card comes out.
After MTcard comes out, no-one will buy a R4i/3DSlink, because they are not hardware updatable.

Cheap marketing tricks.

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
So this is basically Gateway 2.0 sneak peak 3.2. I don't doubt that's how Gateway will work. I hate that they are keeping the pressing L even in the final version.

Being serious, I hope Gateway doesn't take that much time releasing this feature.

The button to change ROMs is really clever. This is a win for whoever is making that flashcart. Gateway's cart truly is disadvantaged by this hardware feature.

i emailed gateway and they said they would release before christmas
hopefully they don't get delayed or something

also the cheap way that top screen and similarities to the gateway's new features just makes me think
someone that was in the beta testing was in there just to take the code and make their own flashcard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__