Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

P

pasc

just wondering, everybody still seems to be beating the dead horse known as 4.5, surely anyone that wanted a card has gotten either a r4i/3dslink or gateway by now?

these guys are late to the market

Late doesn't always mean bad. That way you can learn from the mistakes the others made.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
all I can say is;
JWJe3ZA.png

(now only if it could support 7.0+..)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Couldn't they rather easily get around this problem by splitting the roms into multiple files?

That only delays the inevitable. You still have the other failings of FAT32 like file corruption which leads to the entire partition becoming unreadable and data fragmentation.

Another effect of data fragmentation is that your random seek times for microSDHC increases over time, this is measured in the microseconds.

I'm sure that is a possibility, and seems quite simple in theory. For now we can just trim the roms to fit but if that changes in the future I am curious if they could be compressed to be just under the fats 4gb limit...

Is there any good reason why with a little work they couldn't support extra formats like NTSF or EXT?

NTFS is proprietary, flash media that are formated NTFS become exceeding slower writing data to and that is with the fastest class ratings.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean it seems like everytime gateway announce a new feature, one of the clones come out with a video of that feature.
that is true but this card has some new features like the little button and micro usb slot so if its gateways release these guys did some work on it after beta if not then they are independent. I hope they are independent just cause I wanna see how gateway implements their multirom/pokemon compared to these guys

Reactions: DisasterTheory

DisasterTheory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is true but this card has some new features like the little button and micro usb slot so if its gateways release these guys did some work on it after beta if not then they are independent. I hope they are independent just cause I wanna see how gateway implements their multirom/pokemon compared to these guys

The usb port on the card is genius, you won't even need to take the card out of your 3ds to put files on it.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The usb port on the card is genius, you won't even need to take the card out of your 3ds to put files on it.

The usb port is for upgrading the firmware not flashing a rom to the microSDHC.

You are still required to use a card reader for that.

Reactions: DisasterTheory

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It seems fishy that every "flashcard developer" team is following the same pattern. They fixed the issue with card2 games in the same way Gateway did, the only difference is that their saves are stored on the MicroSD, which is something nice since you don't have to turn off the console in order to backup the save files. Gateway will probably stick using the SD card for the save files.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, even if they stole stuff from Gateway, they've clearly done some programming themselves here unlike all of the GW clones. I'm pretty excited to see what the price turns out to be.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

do you think that they could do it so that the mod (is gateway a mod? or what?) automatically creates a backup of the save file in case the original gets corrupted? it would be sufficient to copy it and give one the .bak extension.

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think that they could do it so that the mod (is gateway a mod? or what?) automatically creates a backup of the save file in case the original gets corrupted? it would be sufficient to copy it and give one the .bak extension.
Or you could do this yourself too by copying and renaming if you're that concerned.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure, anything's possible.

I wonder why they haven't already tought about this...
better method: change to .bak the extension of the current save and then create the new one, in case it doesn't get saved well. this way you don't lose everything but just one save.
if the saves are created corrupted, making copies of the new ones and making them .bak serves no purpose, lol.

Or you could do this yourself too by copying and renaming if you're that concerned.

the fact that we have to do it by ourselves is exactly the problem.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pretty sure this team, built what they have from the original GW release, some where saying no sdk 5.x support yet, hence them showing ACNL, not pokemon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2