Move the save files of a digital game from one NNID to another on the same WiiU?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by helado123, Mar 19, 2017.

1. helado123
    OP

helado123 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Mexico
    Can someone help me with this?... I just bought a used Wii U a few weeks ago (along with ZBOTW), I was really excited with the game and started playing without noticing I was playing from the NNID of the last owner, and when I added mine I noticed two things:

1.- I can't erase the last owner's NNID without knowing his password (which I don't)
    2.- The save file of ZBOTW remains on the last owner's NNID, when I play on mine I have to start from the beginning

Is there any way to take the Zelda save files from the last owner's NNID, put them in a SD/USB, reformat the WiiU (to erase the last owner's NNID) and then restore the savefiles on my NNID? Or anything else I can do?

I post this on the Homebrew section because I guess there's nothing I can do without using homebrew

2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Try with Saviine. [I think it only dumps from currently running NNID...]
    If that doesn't work, try to find your save file with FTPiiU everywhere [Last resort, really. Also be careful not to "accidentally" delete something]

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You can... with Nintendo's help :)
    After you copy the save, of course!