Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly, I think I'd give most overrated game to either killzone 2 or metal gear solid 4
Yeah, I know neither of them are even coming out this year, but I have heard so much more praising than I have halo3.
Pretty much everyone in the gaming community seems to agree that halo3 isn't anything spectacular, and it get's a ton of bashing because of inflated reviews.
But K2 and MGS4 aren't even out yet and I'm fuckin sick of them

MGS4 is shaping up to be like the second and third entries in the series.

... that is, mediocre. Disappointing, unfulfilling gameplay that feels like it was taken right out of a top down 2D action game from the eighties and redone in 3D. This could have been fine, had it been able to deliver in some other way - but the only other aspect of note is the narrative, which feels bolted on and, when you've made sense of the deficient dialogue that makes George Lucas look like a master writer, comes off as an overly complex way of expressing something surprisingly simple (i.e. "talking a lot but actually saying very little").

Amen Brother.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
honestly, I think I'd give most overrated game to either killzone 2 or metal gear solid 4
Yeah, I know neither of them are even coming out this year, but I have heard so much more praising than I have halo3.
Pretty much everyone in the gaming community seems to agree that halo3 isn't anything spectacular, and it get's a ton of bashing because of inflated reviews.

MGS4 is shaping up to be like the second and third entries in the series.

... that is, mediocre. Disappointing, unfulfilling gameplay that feels like it was taken right out of a top down 2D action game from the eighties and redone in 3D. This could have been fine, had it been able to deliver in some other way - but the only other aspect of note is the narrative, which feels bolted on and, when you've made sense of the deficient dialogue that makes George Lucas look like a master writer, comes off as an overly complex way of expressing something surprisingly simple (i.e. "talking a lot but actually saying very little").

Amen Brother.

360 Fanboyism FTL? Really, MGS is a great Series. Better than Halo imo.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually I'll change that to Bioshock, the game sucks huge ass and anyone who thinks it is a very exceptional game doesn't know what they are talking about. it feels like kiss psycho circus with a different theme. total budgetware appeal.

crysis on the other hand, even if you have a pc that runs it fine, it looks like some old european fps style game, nothing new here besides being able to crash into buildings. The ending totally sucks not even worth beating single player.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I'll change that to Bioshock, the game sucks huge ass and anyone who thinks it is a very exceptional game doesn't know what they are talking about. it feels like kiss psycho circus with a different theme. total budgetware appeal.

crysis on the other hand, even if you have a pc that runs it fine, it looks like some old european fps style game, nothing new here besides being able to crash into buildings. The ending totally sucks not even worth beating single player.

I much enjoyed BioShock, and can write in proper english. I guess some people don't like games with stories?

And only use "on the other hand" if you have a different opinion of the second thing.

kiwibonga

Trophies
Website
www.kiwibonga.com
XP
Country
France
Super Mario Galaxy.

This was supposed to be the best mario ever... It turns out to be a game for 6 year olds and grandparents. If you had a hard time or fun playing it, you are a major retard.

I noticed that Metroid Prime 3 suffered the same "water down bosses and make the game easy" treatment, but it was still enjoyable... If you ignore the horribly easy and flavor-less last boss, that is...

I'll also agree on bioshock, though I haven't played it enough to know for sure... Maybe I stopped too early to really understand what was so great about it, but in my mind it's just another generic FPS that's gathering dust on my bookshelf...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Super Mario Galaxy.

This was supposed to be the best mario ever... It turns out to be a game for 6 year olds and grandparents. If you had a hard time or fun playing it, you are a major retard.

rofl2.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually I'll change that to Bioshock, the game sucks huge ass and anyone who thinks it is a very exceptional game doesn't know what they are talking about. it feels like kiss psycho circus with a different theme. total budgetware appeal.

I thought Bioshock was brilliant
biggrin.gif
Maybe you just don't like action/shooters?

budgetware appeal? It's a fairly high quality game...I don't think we played the same thing.

I loved Halo 3 and Portal. The gameplay in Portal was sooo refreshing for once.

Not sure what I'd consider the most overrated game
frown.gif
The library in Mario Galaxy was horrible, lucky I could skip it.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Ok guys, I've had to remove a lot of posts because of this comment. Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 will not be released until 2008, so any talk of them in this discussion will be considered off-topic and will lead to their automatic removal.

Again, this topic is for discussing the most overrated games of 2007, not the games of 2008. Stay on topic.
lecture.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Probably Battle Revolution, here in Australia there was heaps of hype for it so my friend went out and bought it the first day it came out but he reckons it was so shit that he took it back to the shop after 30 mins of gameplay

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uncharted is terrible. Absolute crap. It contains some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a video game. Plus its story is pointless and shallow, just like the gameplay.

Heavenly Sword is also the pits.

Ratchet & Clank: Future is another overrated, sometimes boring title. Its exactly like every other R&C game and thats its biggest problem. (Aside from characters that are uninspired and shallow)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Uncharted is terrible. Absolute crap. It contains some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a video game. Plus its story is pointless and shallow, just like the gameplay.

Heavenly Sword is also the pits.

Ratchet & Clank: Future is another overrated, sometimes boring title. Its exactly like every other R&C game and thats its biggest problem. (Aside from characters that are uninspired and shallow)

You can make fun of Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, But not Ratchet & Clank. Overrated + Boring? No. I doubt you even played the game. I'm guessing to you Halo isn't the exact same thing over and over again with same characters too? Ratchet is one hell of a great game. If you think it's bad, you seem to have bad taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1