Most overrated game of 2007

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy is one of those games you have to give a chance on. At first it seems really easy but with some confusing controls but then they kinda grow on you and you get to see just how good they are. The game gets progressively harder it seems as I unlock each area. I have 3 or 4 hidden stars so far but I know there are a bunch more.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see what all the fuss is about Halo 3. To me, it was an awesome game. Maybe it was hyped alittle to much, but i still find it an awesome game.

The most overrated game to me was LoZ:PH
I found the game pretty boring, and there were a crap load of flaws.

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to go with:

Bioshock: Pretty good, but not great. The combat isn't very compelling, and the lack of choices that matter is pretty evident compared to its predecessors like System Shock 2, or Deus Ex.

Halo 3: I just don't get it... the single player and multiplayer pale in comparison to games like TF2, HL2, CoD4, etc.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3
Brain Age 2
Contra 4
c3t2.gif

/me gets out spread gun

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime 3. Was supposed to be the wii's halo, etc. I got bored fast. What is really sad is that I think Scarface had better fps controls :/

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can see that Halo 3 was indeed overrated. But I won't go with it. As someone said, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is the most overrated game of 2007. Halo 3, at least, has 'some' strong points, but I can see none on Zelda: PH. And yet people say it's the best GAME on DS. Not the best ZELDA, the best GAME...

*sigh*

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing about Halo 3 is that it got a lot of 10/10 reviews, sold 3 million copies in one week.. and it's just a plain generic FPS, it has nothing new.. as said here before, everything it does was already done before, and done better! Some people argue that the multiplayer is great.. I can't argue with that, never played the multiplayer.. but if a game has a single player option.. u can't rate it based only on the online game! Most people doesn't even know what Halo story is about..

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After having played Assassin's Creed for 5 hours I have to say it's the most overrated game. Whenever I play the game I get bored. And it's much too repetetive. Shame cause I was very looking forward to it.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesn't afraid of anything.
Wow that game is fail.
Assassins creed is fail aswell, awesome graphics, but meh gameplay.
Also Crysis, the graphics were not much better than, say COD4, and the game play is average, kill asians, asians be friends, you and asians kill aliens.
Just like halo, except instead of covenant, Koreans, and instead of flood, aliens.

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While not a game persay, I think WIndows Vista & DirectX10 were major let-downs. Most games reviewed did far worse with DirectX10 turned on than without it. I hear there might actually be a DirectX10 of a slightly different name (L) that works with XP since the majority of PC users seem to be sticking with that over Vista.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and isn't afraid of anything. CorrectedÂ
biggrin.gif

Wow that game is fail.
Assassins creed is fail aswell, awesome graphics, but meh gameplay.
Also Crysis, the graphics were not much better than, say COD4, and the game play is average, kill asians, asians be friends, you and asians kill aliens.
Just like halo, except instead of covenant, Koreans, and instead of flood, aliens.

He's called master chief, the halo is a weapon not the protagonist, and the flood ARE aliens???
tongue.gif

Have to agree though, the campaign was pretty weak. But it's halo, everyone knows that multiplayer's where it's at.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Contra 4
wtf.gif

QUOTE(shadowboy @ Dec 3 2007, 03:21 PM)Metroid Prime 3. Was supposed to be the wii's halo, etc. I got bored fast. What is really sad is that I think Scarface had better fps controls :/
if you were expecting Prime 3 to be some sort of 'halo killer' you were wrong right off the bat.

honestly, I think I'd give most overrated game to either killzone 2 or metal gear solid 4
Yeah, I know neither of them are even coming out this year, but I have heard so much more praising than I have halo3.
Pretty much everyone in the gaming community seems to agree that halo3 isn't anything spectacular, and it get's a ton of bashing because of inflated reviews.
But K2 and MGS4 aren't even out yet and I'm fuckin sick of them

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly, I think I'd give most overrated game to either killzone 2 or metal gear solid 4
Yeah, I know neither of them are even coming out this year, but I have heard so much more praising than I have halo3.
Pretty much everyone in the gaming community seems to agree that halo3 isn't anything spectacular, and it get's a ton of bashing because of inflated reviews.
But K2 and MGS4 aren't even out yet and I'm fuckin sick of them

MGS4 is shaping up to be like the second and third entries in the series.

... that is, mediocre. Disappointing, unfulfilling gameplay that feels like it was taken right out of a top down 2D action game from the eighties and redone in 3D. This could have been fine, had it been able to deliver in some other way - but the only other aspect of note is the narrative which feels bolted on and, when you've made sense of the deficient dialogue that makes George Lucas look like a master writer, comes off as an overly complex way of expressing something surprisingly simple (i.e. "talking a lot but actually saying very little").

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The entire MGS series is overrated. Long, boring, pointless dialogue. Generic action. Cheesy story lines. Dumb characters. Sillly, unrealistic bosses. "Subtle" gay stuff. Incest (Otacon and his step-mother).

etc, etc, etc...

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah whatever.

Metroid Prime 3 was definitely overrated. So much rehash.
Portal was overrated too. The FLASH version was more enjoyable...
Pokemon. Yep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1