Gaming Games that you HATE the most

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I don't play Fire Emblem for some fantasy high school simulator.
I actually don't mind the overall story, but the presentation...heavily flawed. The 'school' first half is practically identical regardless of house, with essentially the same cutscenes and missions; the only thing that really differs is which optional Paralogues are available, along with which students speak in cutscenes (though obviously the overall gist is still the same).

It's only after several repetitive missions that things diverge, which makes repeat playthroughs an utter drag. Nooooo thank you.

...Oh, and there's other flaws too, like how Awakening and especially Fates had far better 'reclassing' mechanics than this, as back on the 3DS each unit could only access a few classes each, allowing them to stand out more as individuals (and in Fates, S supports also mattered, as it allowed the two partners to use one of each other's two classes). Fates also had practically *no* gender-locked classes, too.
Here? All males can access all the male/unisex classes, and all females can access all female/unisex classes. Boring. Doesn't help that the best mage class, Gremory, is female-only - yet Linhardt is an amazing male mage. Ugh.

Plus, the 'activity point' and calendar systems are bullshit limitations - unlike, say, Persona games, you can only freely act on Sundays, and storyline missions always occur at the end of the month, so you've only ever got 3 or 4 free days per month - and then what you can do is limited further by the activity points.
Yeah, you can fuck right off with that bullshit; waaay too limiting. Awakening and 2/3 Fates allowed me the option to freely choose whether I want to grind for hours before progressing the story, or whether I want to blaze through said story and put off grinding. Brilliant, this was! Not so in 3H, and it suffers for it.

So yeah, Three Houses was a good game in concept - it's certainly the best FE game when it comes to worldbuilding - but has far too many flaws to be all that enjoyable.

Deleted member 681657

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I actually don't mind the overall story, but the presentation...heavily flawed. The 'school' first half is practically identical regardless of house, with essentially the same cutscenes and missions; the only thing that really differs is which optional Paralogues are available, along with which students speak in cutscenes (though obviously the overall gist is still the same).

It's only after several repetitive missions that things diverge, which makes repeat playthroughs an utter drag. Nooooo thank you.

...Oh, and there's other flaws too, like how Awakening and especially Fates had far better 'reclassing' mechanics than this, as back on the 3DS each unit could only access a few classes each, allowing them to stand out more as individuals (and in Fates, S supports also mattered, as it allowed the two partners to use one of each other's two classes). Fates also had practically *no* gender-locked classes, too.
Here? All males can access all the male/unisex classes, and all females can access all female/unisex classes. Boring. Doesn't help that the best mage class, Gremory, is female-only - yet Linhardt is an amazing male mage. Ugh.

Plus, the 'activity point' and calendar systems are bullshit limitations - unlike, say, Persona games, you can only freely act on Sundays, and storyline missions always occur at the end of the month, so you've only ever got 3 or 4 free days per month - and then what you can do is limited further by the activity points.
Yeah, you can fuck right off with that bullshit; waaay too limiting. Awakening and 2/3 Fates allowed me the option to freely choose whether I want to grind for hours before progressing the story, or whether I want to blaze through said story and put off grinding. Brilliant, this was! Not so in 3H, and it suffers for it.

So yeah, Three Houses was a good game in concept - it's certainly the best FE game when it comes to worldbuilding - but has far too many flaws to be all that enjoyable.
Not to mention some master classes are inferior to their predecessors. Like how swordmasters and assassins are better than mortal savants. But as I implied above, I don't like Three Houses because the monastary sections take way too long and I'm not willing to automate them because then my units won't grow the way I want them to.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you guys did not take me seriously? I will say it again: I will block you if you like Mario Party. I'm not kidding. I will do it for real.

I'm dead serious now.
I love all Mario Party games. A lot! I love them more than my first born child. Now go and block me! I dare you! I know you won't! :rofl:

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
So you guys did not take me seriously? I will say it again: I will block you if you like Mario Party. I'm not kidding. I will do it for real.

I'm dead serious now.
I feel like most games aren't a reason to block someone, but then again, who am I to say this when I would block someone on here for being a fan of changed?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well at least you agree with my opinion. All the others are making fun out of me.
Why not get off the internet, touch some grass, and have fun. Raging over other's opinions is not healthy, either take it or leave it.

I'm dead serious now.
Mario Party DS and Mario Party 8 are quite amazing games. What's up with them?

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate Animal Crossing. Boring as shit, tedious chores in-game, it's just an endless collect-a-thon, and I can't stand the hype.

I hate Fortnite. Nobody should be able to build a 30 story skyscraper when they're being shot at, the graphics suck dog ass from 1999, and it just looks childish and not fun.

I hate Call of Duty after the 4th game. Everything is just unoriginal, run-of-the-mill yearly-shooter with a bottomless skin collection to cash in on.

I hate Smash Bros, because none of the characters feel or play how one would think they would. When I play as mario, I'd expect to run around and jump with mario's typical movesets, like (A) to jump, hold (B) to run, (Z) to crouch, etc. All the smash bros characters feel stiffer than Tekken on the PS1, if that's even possible. You have to push up on the d-pad or stick to jump (which is just retarded beyond belief), and people get so worked-up over things like items being in the match. Like.... Grow the fuck up, lol.

I hate Fire Emblem. I tried playing one for the 3DS, and it was more like playing a set of interactive cutscenes, with a few short "battles" in between them. Though the graphics were good, I couldn't connect to the characters or story, and there wasn't much gameplay.
I'm neither fond of those games either. Mostly into the gen 5 Pokemon games and shooters like Doom. I have gone off platformers because they're too overrated, and the same concept applies to every other game there is out.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto