Most overrated game of 2007

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have to admit, I waited in the cold for 4 hours only to pay $130 for the Halo3 Legendary bundle. Went to a friends house and played through entire thing until 7 in the morning. I love the multiplayer, but I will admit that it was overhyped.

overhyped and it has the absolute worse ranking system I have ever seen in any video game.

I agree that FFXII has a crappy battle system. I got that game last christmas and I played it for an hour and had to write it off. They should have either used a conventional battle system, or made it like Kingdom Hearts, not that shit in between.

FFVIII was the best PS1 FF I thought.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the others, Halo 3 was immensely overrated. Halo was just an OK game, it came far from
living up to its hype.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In no particular order (I can't pick a single one, there have been so many overrated titles this year):

Halo 3
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed (or Asscreed, whichever you prefer).

And for some added value, last year's most overrated title: Final Fantasy XII.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand the Halo 3 hate, honestly. I mean who plays Halo 3 for the story? I've had Halo 2 for years and I've never even attempted to finish the game's story mode. All I cared about was the multiplayer, same goes for Halo 3. And second of all, if you liked Halo 2's gameplay mechanics Halo 3 is just the natural extension of that, so I don't see how someone could be disappointed with that aspect either. It's pretty much exactly what I expected. *Shrug*

shemmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm going to opt for bioshock because it was such a fantastic game that just seemed to run out of steam 2/3 of the way through, and forced me to download the pirate version as i could not be bothered with all the drm hassle it contained.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the Halo 3 hate, honestly. I mean who plays Halo 3 for the story? I've had Halo 2 for years and I've never even attempted to finish the game's story mode. All I cared about was the multiplayer, same goes for Halo 3. And second of all, if you liked Halo 2's gameplay mechanics Halo 3 is just the natural extension of that, so I don't see how someone could be disappointed with that aspect either. It's pretty much exactly what I expected. *Shrug*

I absolutely LOVE the Halo universe story. I've read all the books and played all the campaigns at least twice for the story material.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not so much people hating on it, like I said, it's a good game, it was just hyped up to all hell and didn't deliver. It delivered what I expected, a small upgrade over Halo 1/2, but the hype...jeez...

Guess I didn't get much flak for this afterall...haha...

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the halo series is the most overrated of all time IMO. i guess after being a PC gamer for forever and a day, when halo came out it really didn't push any First Person Shooter "wow!" buttons. it's just meh

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3 was over hyped, to be sure. It's not a BAD game, but it didn't earn 1/10th of the hype and the score was way to high. CoD4 and Bioshock were much better games, that a lot less people heard about

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ