More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    KOTAKU, PLS GO

2. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    Not really, Schrödinger can only be applied if there´s no information.
    In our case, TX has already proven that they can do modchips for various consoles in the past so it is kinda "safe" to say that they already managed to get CFW running on those Switch units otherwhise they wouldn´t give out informations like that.

Josshy0125 likes this.
  3. N1ght0wl

N1ght0wl Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2019
    United Kingdom
    TX Havant given or provided any information or proof, gee’s it’s not even on their front page news which they say you will find anything there first.. the only info we have is a couple Unknown’s saying they’ve seen it working.. Time will tell

mathew77 and ghjfdtg like this.
  4. Zkajavier

Zkajavier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica
    Is spreading lies a forum bannable offense?

5. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    Can you prove it's a lie?

Thunder Hawk, bostonBC and Sammy_Lee like this.
  6. xadra

xadra Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Do you think this mod will work in every Switch Lite or just in those with the oldest firmware (8.0.1)?

I know we can only speculate, but I have a Switch Lite (version 8.1.1; it was the firmware that came out of the box) and I'm afraid that maybe it won't work in my console. Also, I really want to play PK and it requires an update to link my account (to be able to play online). I don't want to update, for obvious reasons but I also want to play online. :unsure:

Last edited by xadra, Nov 20, 2019
  7. semzorro

semzorro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    Russia
    Just wait till any news appear . Then you will act regarding the situation . OR you just can return or sell your switch and buy hackable switch (so you wont wait for the hack ) or wait with the money (this give you chance to buy a classic switch (not lite ) in case the hack wont work) .

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I bought my switch (firmware 8.0.1 marico unit) before any rumors and news . So i am just waiting .

xadra likes this.
  8. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    no way to know of course but if history is any guide then i would say it will support all FW to date or else we would have heard something from TX telling people not to update
    remember when GW had an exploit for the new 3DS they got the word out to not update past 9.x ( i think it was 9.0 ,9.1 or 9.2) if you wanted to use GW
    TX wants customers if their exploit was in any way limited to a specific FW range then i strongly suspect that they would have either told us directly or leaked something through one of their back channels to preserve their maximum customer potential

Last edited by weatMod, Nov 20, 2019
    xadra likes this.
  9. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    That´s not what i said, i said that TX has done such things IN THE PAST, you can say they got a reputation when it comes to modchips and they always kept their promises.
    So, imo it´s plausible to believe TX when they claim they found a hardware exploit and preparing a launch.

Sure we can´t be 100% sure but it´s a huge difference WHO makes such claims, a new company with no history in modding consoles or a company which is in the business for over a decade and delivered working products

10. xadra

xadra Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I believe waiting is the smartest decision, but also the hardest...

It really makes sense.

Thank you both for the replies. :)

11. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Do we have more news or not?

12. semzorro

semzorro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    Russia
    No , I guess . (this thread is dying)

13. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    My guess is, there IS a further exploit - and TX have been extremely lucky in finding it.

However, I`m thinking it will be hardware-based.

From what I can gather, there appears to be a way to glitch the Tegra into running unsigned code, from a power-on scenario.

A bit like the fusee-gelee exploit, but rather than being triggered by pushing a payload and corrupting the stack, using improper ipatches, this one will be more akin to the RGH hack in X360.

They must be glitching a line to make the Tegra think it has dementia and running a payload to it, again via RCM.

But this method is neither consistent or guaranteed and will require hardware to connect to whatever point they are exploiting(in X360, it was the reset line, a 200mS pulse high if I remember correctly.

This new one will be doing something similar. But they probably cannot get the timings sorted, and due to production errors, every unit may require a different "pulse".

They will NOT have found a new exploit in Horizon. TX are good, but they are not THAT good.

None of this is fact, just my opinion based on what I have managed to scavenge on the web

Last edited by mattytrog, Nov 23, 2019
  14. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    The question is will it lead to console ban or not

15. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ban risk will be the same.

Why people would ever risk going online with CFW is beyond me...

16. Cakayx

Cakayx Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2019
    Portugal
    Still no more news?

17. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Nope...

18. semzorro

semzorro Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    Russia
    Wow , this thread finally died.

19. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    At least!

20. Dany-69

Dany-69 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Italy
    At least now I can come here and look for news, not for stupid CFW wars :bow:

21. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    If we get news it will probably be in a new thread just like with this one

22. FaridBang

FaridBang Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    Germany
    Do you think it's going to require soldering on the lite model as well? If so, which soldering iron would you recommend?

23. FaridBang
    This message by FaridBang has been removed from public view by Joe88, Nov 30, 2019, Reason: Dupe posts.
    Nov 30, 2019
  24. FaridBang
    This message by FaridBang has been removed from public view by Joe88, Nov 30, 2019, Reason: Dupe posts.
    Nov 30, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted