semzorro Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    SommaCruz likes this.
  3. SommaCruz

SommaCruz Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Any news about the jailbreak for patched versions?

4. Dany-69
    This message by Dany-69 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Dec 8, 2019, Reason: bickering.
    Dec 8, 2019 Show
  5. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Dec 8, 2019, Reason: bickering.
    Dec 8, 2019 Show
  6. Senator_Meow

Senator_Meow Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Pardon the Newbie here

May I please kindly ask if the SX OS can run RetroArch ?

Thank you Sir

7. fragged

fragged GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After booting SX OS. Hold R on any game (not Album or RetroArch installed NSP). Continue holding until you see the home brew launcher. Then open RetroArch. This should give you the full memory access you need to run it.

8. Dissaor

Dissaor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
  10. N1ght0wl

N1ght0wl Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Can you imagine if xecuter or resellers took £1 deposit for every switch unit that’s been sold by Nintendo for their upcoming modchip they could run with millions.. even if they get 1% of that market selling a modchip at £10-20 per unit, I’ve just realised I’m in the wrong job

ghjfdtg and hippy dave like this.
  11. SommaCruz

SommaCruz Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
  12. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  13. Dissaor

Dissaor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just sharing, Im gonna wait till I see it for sale locally

14. mrlkn

mrlkn Newbie
    Newcomer

Turkey
    First of all I had zero information about switch hacking scene, cfw, tx and other stuff. I am searching every little information for more than a month now and my guesses:
    I am sure that they found a way and they probably give details in late December and will be available to purchase in late January with the shipping etc etc.

15. Boomerams

Boomerams Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If this were the "old" TX...I would lay down my life as an guarantee to the fact that great things are coming, but this "new" TX seems to be either starting to realize taking over the TX name was a lot more than they thought and struggling to handle the load or just maybe they are still trying to figure things out. Hell, maybe somebody who committed to TX died or maybe life got in the way and a few members had to quit the team and there is like one guy/girl left crying their eyes out cause the community scene these days is just so damn toxic, but at least he/she seems to be pushing on.

Not trying to start a war or anything, but my past experience with TX products especially from the old original xbox days will keep me a TX man of Hope and Faith until the day they completely bomb.

16. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    A lot of people go into business will calculate the size of the potential market and say "we only need to get 1% of that market", it seems reasonable because 1% is a small number. But it's not as small as 0.1%, 0.001% or 0.0001%.

They don't get to keep all of the price either, it's usual for reseller to take 50% or more as shipping individual units is more time consuming than sending out a box. Then you have shipping, manufacturing costs etc.

They will be making a reasonable amount of money out of it, otherwise they wouldn't do it. If you're prepared to break laws then there are plenty of ways to make decent money. I'm not sure I'd want to run something like that from the UK, because Nintendo already blocked their web sites in the UK. If they could track you down then you'd get sued.

peteruk and N1ght0wl like this.
  17. Relink

Relink Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Lots of hate to read through to get to the end of this thread :rofl2:

I'm not going to pre-order this for my lite until I see the proof but I do have high hopes and will buy one, if they make a chip for the models that have been stuck all this time it's a good thing for everyone in the end because a lot new users!

Every group deserves credit for what they do, some do it for free and others require a fee.
    I'm grateful to both sides of this for putting their time into it so kudos to TX for this if they deliver.

18. MindLimp

MindLimp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Been watching this the last few days. Sadly, my unpatched switch was sent in for work (due to pure black screen and not charging) and was sent back a patched model. Wish I would have tried jump-starting the battery as I had found in a few places as a way to fix it. But like the post above me, I am going to wait and see a price as well as see if it actually works and what it entails for soldering. I do hope its legit, just hope its not like the PS jailbreak usb that was an arm and a leg until others reversed it.

But I am happy they are putting their time into this. Much love from me currently, as well as the time and dedication put in to push this out.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  19. BaronMoe

BaronMoe Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Will it only work with SX OS, or can we install Atmosphere with the hard mod as well? I know its not out yet so whats your best guess?

20. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    If a working hardmod is released, I would expect people to adapt it to run whatever you want.

21. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    I guess TX will allow other CFWs to launch, after all that will mean more potential customers. The only reason i could think of for them to block other CFWs is because they might be helpfull to reverse engineer the modchip and they probably want to avoid that as long as possible.

22. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    Considering the nature of these teams, I wouldn't be too shocked if they blocked other CFWs at launch, then released an updating allowing to work at a later date after someone either cracked the block or enough people complain. These kinds of shady teams have no respect for community projects.

ginryu and ghjfdtg like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, (Mariko, Xecuter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.