Status
Not open for further replies.

More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

ub3r1337's first impressions from a direct demo of TX upcoming new hardware mods!
SXMODS.png

ub3r1337 recently meet with TX to have them demo to him their upcoming new mods for the Switch (patched, mariko and lite). Unfortunately, he didn't get any pictures, but he says they'll be coming later on. Even so, he shared some of this new information at MaxConsole, also shown below:
First Off: It is a hardware mod. TX went back to its roots, and this solution is a device you need to install inside your Switch. :)

From what we could tell the install looks ultra simple and almost plug and play. When pushed about the install requirements, TX held back from claiming its fully solder-less, stating clearly that this particular design will always benefit from a few simple solder connections, versus the original intent of fully solder-less (at least for the classic model which is the unit we got to inspect).

In other words, a fully solder-less install is potentially possible with the classic models however it is not recommended by TX due to long term reliability concerns (we will cover this more in-depth at a later date, once we have our preview unit in our hands and put it thru some tests)

Second Point: There is one device for Patched and Mariko unit which is probably under production (see point three) and should be available soon :) They plan to release 2 devices; one for all classic versions (original, patch and mariko) and one for the Switch Lite.

Third Point: I really pushed for a release date, but TX refused to confirm anything during our meeting. From what I understood, even though it seems to be currently under production, because all sorts of things can occur in the factory during production, they will not commit to a date to me or their resellers until they are certain they can deliver on time enough stock to meet the demand.

I guess I can only respect that, this is probably why they did not announce anything yet, and we should know more once it is finally officially announced on their TX website.
At some point ub3r1337 hopes to get some pictures and videos from TX and a review unit, but we have no clue when that will happen. For now we just have to sit and wait for some more news regarding these new TX hardware mods to appear online!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon the Newbie here

May I please kindly ask if the SX OS can run RetroArch ?

Thank you Sir
After booting SX OS. Hold R on any game (not Album or RetroArch installed NSP). Continue holding until you see the home brew launcher. Then open RetroArch. This should give you the full memory access you need to run it.

N1ght0wl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't give money to anyone until the mod has been shown working.
Can you imagine if xecuter or resellers took £1 deposit for every switch unit that’s been sold by Nintendo for their upcoming modchip they could run with millions.. even if they get 1% of that market selling a modchip at £10-20 per unit, I’ve just realised I’m in the wrong job

mrlkn

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
First of all I had zero information about switch hacking scene, cfw, tx and other stuff. I am searching every little information for more than a month now and my guesses:
I am sure that they found a way and they probably give details in late December and will be available to purchase in late January with the shipping etc etc.

Boomerams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this were the "old" TX...I would lay down my life as an guarantee to the fact that great things are coming, but this "new" TX seems to be either starting to realize taking over the TX name was a lot more than they thought and struggling to handle the load or just maybe they are still trying to figure things out. Hell, maybe somebody who committed to TX died or maybe life got in the way and a few members had to quit the team and there is like one guy/girl left crying their eyes out cause the community scene these days is just so damn toxic, but at least he/she seems to be pushing on.

Not trying to start a war or anything, but my past experience with TX products especially from the old original xbox days will keep me a TX man of Hope and Faith until the day they completely bomb.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
even if they get 1% of that market selling a modchip at £10-20 per unit, I’ve just realised I’m in the wrong job

A lot of people go into business will calculate the size of the potential market and say "we only need to get 1% of that market", it seems reasonable because 1% is a small number. But it's not as small as 0.1%, 0.001% or 0.0001%.

They don't get to keep all of the price either, it's usual for reseller to take 50% or more as shipping individual units is more time consuming than sending out a box. Then you have shipping, manufacturing costs etc.

They will be making a reasonable amount of money out of it, otherwise they wouldn't do it. If you're prepared to break laws then there are plenty of ways to make decent money. I'm not sure I'd want to run something like that from the UK, because Nintendo already blocked their web sites in the UK. If they could track you down then you'd get sued.

Relink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Lots of hate to read through to get to the end of this thread :rofl2:

I'm not going to pre-order this for my lite until I see the proof but I do have high hopes and will buy one, if they make a chip for the models that have been stuck all this time it's a good thing for everyone in the end because a lot new users!

Every group deserves credit for what they do, some do it for free and others require a fee.
I'm grateful to both sides of this for putting their time into it so kudos to TX for this if they deliver.

MindLimp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been watching this the last few days. Sadly, my unpatched switch was sent in for work (due to pure black screen and not charging) and was sent back a patched model. Wish I would have tried jump-starting the battery as I had found in a few places as a way to fix it. But like the post above me, I am going to wait and see a price as well as see if it actually works and what it entails for soldering. I do hope its legit, just hope its not like the PS jailbreak usb that was an arm and a leg until others reversed it.

But I am happy they are putting their time into this. Much love from me currently, as well as the time and dedication put in to push this out.

Last edited by MindLimp,

BaronMoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it only work with SX OS, or can we install Atmosphere with the hard mod as well? I know its not out yet so whats your best guess?

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Will it only work with SX OS, or can we install Atmosphere with the hard mod as well? I know its not out yet so whats your best guess?

I guess TX will allow other CFWs to launch, after all that will mean more potential customers. The only reason i could think of for them to block other CFWs is because they might be helpfull to reverse engineer the modchip and they probably want to avoid that as long as possible.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess TX will allow other CFWs to launch, after all that will mean more potential customers. The only reason i could think of for them to block other CFWs is because they might be helpfull to reverse engineer the modchip and they probably want to avoid that as long as possible.
Considering the nature of these teams, I wouldn't be too shocked if they blocked other CFWs at launch, then released an updating allowing to work at a later date after someone either cracked the block or enough people complain. These kinds of shady teams have no respect for community projects.

Reactions: ginryu and ghjfdtg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple