Status
Not open for further replies.

More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

ub3r1337's first impressions from a direct demo of TX upcoming new hardware mods!
SXMODS.png

ub3r1337 recently meet with TX to have them demo to him their upcoming new mods for the Switch (patched, mariko and lite). Unfortunately, he didn't get any pictures, but he says they'll be coming later on. Even so, he shared some of this new information at MaxConsole, also shown below:
First Off: It is a hardware mod. TX went back to its roots, and this solution is a device you need to install inside your Switch. :)

From what we could tell the install looks ultra simple and almost plug and play. When pushed about the install requirements, TX held back from claiming its fully solder-less, stating clearly that this particular design will always benefit from a few simple solder connections, versus the original intent of fully solder-less (at least for the classic model which is the unit we got to inspect).

In other words, a fully solder-less install is potentially possible with the classic models however it is not recommended by TX due to long term reliability concerns (we will cover this more in-depth at a later date, once we have our preview unit in our hands and put it thru some tests)

Second Point: There is one device for Patched and Mariko unit which is probably under production (see point three) and should be available soon :) They plan to release 2 devices; one for all classic versions (original, patch and mariko) and one for the Switch Lite.

Third Point: I really pushed for a release date, but TX refused to confirm anything during our meeting. From what I understood, even though it seems to be currently under production, because all sorts of things can occur in the factory during production, they will not commit to a date to me or their resellers until they are certain they can deliver on time enough stock to meet the demand.

I guess I can only respect that, this is probably why they did not announce anything yet, and we should know more once it is finally officially announced on their TX website.
At some point ub3r1337 hopes to get some pictures and videos from TX and a review unit, but we have no clue when that will happen. For now we just have to sit and wait for some more news regarding these new TX hardware mods to appear online!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not every hardware based mod needs to be soldered. We will see when more informations are public.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It stated that there it can be installed without soldering but not recommended due to long term reliability concerns.
if you are suggesting the pogo pin method then from me it's a resounding no, not an option, that method was temperamental at best with a big brick stationary console - few slaps to the bottom usually got it back - however, a mobile console is a totally different story - solder only no excuses.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you are suggesting the pogo pin method then from me it's a resounding no, not an option, that method was temperamental at best with a big brick stationary console - few slaps to the bottom usually got it back - however, a mobile console is a totally different story - solder only no excuses.

I remember pogo pins from the old xbox days... More hassle then they are worth :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not every hardware based mod needs to be soldered. We will see when more informations are public.

Dont come crying when the chip slips out of place and causes a short and destroys your console. Not a question of IF but WHEN!

Reactions: DaveLister

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Will this be shipped with a basic solder mini equipment to be able to install on your own ?
Bacause I don't a solder equipment and if I have to take it to a special place to do that job I know it's going to be expensive

A basic solder kit costs no more than $15.

Last edited by grcd,
Reactions: andyhappypants

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A basic solder costs no more than $15.

For this kind of thing, spending a little more money and getting a temperature controlled iron is the way to go. The cheap stuff tends to be low power and unregulated. So the temperature gets way too hot, but it can't retain heat long enough to make good connections.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Get one of these chinese T12 soldering stations for ~50 bucks. They are pretty good and are compatible with original hakko tips (they are expensive. Reviews show the clone tips are fine but they may not last as long). With that thing you can pretty much get everything console modding done without a problem.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
I have seen in aliexpress for $11 , it would be cool some more info to order a solder if needed

Exactly. I got mine from Banggood but Aliexpress will do as well. It won't be as fancy, but it will do the job -- plus you don't have to worry if it stops working because you got it so cheap. Just ensure you've bought flux as well, as a typical kit does not usually include flux.

Reactions: matias3ds

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reactions: Deleted User

xadra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
"please hang in there"

Not native English speaker here... the use of this expression / and the words chosen, could this mean we are talking about +20 days window release or could it be sooner.

D

Deleted User

If any of you have the xci autoloader on your sd card, your switch will crash on boot with 9.1.0 and the new 2.9.3 beta.

Just remove the autoloader from your titles folder to resolve this trouble.

WAIN may have to release an update for compatibility.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
"please hang in there"

Not native English speaker here... the use of this expression / and the words chosen, could this mean we are talking about +20 days window release or could it be sooner.

The expression doesn't insinuate any specific time frame. It just means "please wait".

Reactions: xadra

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchip installer here (check my post history), ready when you are!

Reactions: grcd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte