More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    You are my hero. Thanks for cleaning up and sorry for making more work for you with my replies, but that dude was threatening to do some dumb shizzz.

gamesquest1 and garyopa like this.
  2. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    This applies to everyone.
    If someone is threatening to do stupid things, then make a report.
    Don't engage with the person threatening to do dumb things.
    Don't quote him.
    Don't give him attention.
    Don't bump the thread so said person will get less attention.
    Crying about why someone isn't suspended/banned won't change anything. Not here, not in the report. If it hasn't been done, it just means we haven't got to it. I do not appreciate it one bit, especially coming from those who sit in the thread and NOT report whatever nonsense that was going on. I'm sorry to be asleep at 3am I guess.

3. N1ght0wl

N1ght0wl Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Baa hum bug

I just want to Add a few cents to this post.. what executer does is maximise profit by releasing new versions which are not required.. same with cool runner rev C that worked perfectly then they tried tweaking it upto with cr4 which resulted in bricking/breaking many consoles.. same with the LTU boards for the slims they sold, in the end we found out we could of used boards from the the old Xbox phats. Remember executer is only out to make money. I’m sure Tom the executer bin boy will be along shortly to comment as he usually does

4. Legendaykai

Legendaykai Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2008
    United States
    Both supporting piracy isn't a good thing it's bad for developers and not to mention that it's illegal custom themes i can understand but using it to pirate games you dont legally own i'm strongly against

5. HeadRipperQC

HeadRipperQC Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2019
    Canada
    I support piracy as a form of rebellion against those AAA companies that only care about money, but i support indie developpers as they often do this with and for passion and fun like those AAA companies used to do in the early 2000s.
    Nowadays game quality has gotten as to release unfinished games, which doesnt happen as nearly often with the nintendo switch but still globally is a big problem.

All i say is if you like the game buy it and support the developpers.

Last edited by HeadRipperQC, Nov 14, 2019
    Sinon likes this.
  6. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
    We're just the 1%.
    It becomes problematic if Nintendo accidentally bans 10% of the users because we start sending them fake ids.

7. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Is it a script that bans people based on telemetry or does some poor guy have to sit there doing it manually

8. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    I think automatically, it did take a while for me to get banned though

9. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Pretty sure it's a list, and it does people one by one, though can you define "a while"?

10. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Most companies do bans in waves, there's no quantifying how long "a while" is.

11. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    I used CFW without Airplane Mode and FreeshopNX but only got banned like 2 months later

DeoNaught likes this.
  12. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    You are probably talking against a wall in this forum. Sad but true.

13. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Atmosphere does not support piracy tho. It just enables it. And thats kinda inevitable.

14. agpixel

agpixel Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    1 - No proof ? Why ? This sound not good at all...
    2 - Why TX doesn't make an official post ? This sound not good at all too...
    3 - Are we going to have ability to launch CFW ?
    4 - Are we going to need external device to launch the solution (like a rcm loader) ?

15. Rykin

Rykin GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2004
    United States
    Baltimore, MD
    Because they still have stock of their current product. If they made an announcement of a better product, sales would halt as people wait for it's release.

16. Switch_Maniac

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    That's like saying PS4 or Xbone sales are now going to halt because better next gen consoles have been announced..... Why even "leak" or say any of this is real now then? Why not just deny it until the current stock sells out and then announce something? What if it you can't solder? Why on a hackable Switch would you chose that route over a dongle and Jig, especially for the average Switch modder?

ghjfdtg and Rahkeesh like this.
  17. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 29, 2018
    France
    I wait, my switch is in perfect condition, sxOs Pro, I just want a better battery life, switch 5 h, vs gpdxd 9a 10h, twice as much in retrogaming emulation, so I wait to do the mariko or other update, I'm still not banned, bought with ofw 5.1, I'm in emunand 8.1.0 and sys ofw 6.1.0, everything is good except autonomy.

18. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    I'll personally wait for the exploit to be officially announced so I can finally return my Switch

KHEOPS likes this.
  19. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    You have to copy sig patches to the microSD card and only then it becomes truely piracy enabling. So stock is not but if the user choose to make it so.

20. Switch_Maniac

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    I mean this is off topic and will probably get deleted....Not going to get into a whole debate about it either. They may not "support" piracy, but by not blocking patches that allow backups to run, they enable it and that's just splitting hairs. If they truly didn't support piracy they would block patches all together so that backups could not be played. Which would result in losing a chunk of their user base or people would use SX and Atmo like me because they each have their benefits. People in ReSwitched and the amto white knights can deny all they want that they don't pirate, they do or a good chunk do anyways.

garyopa likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted