Issues with HWFLY Lite v6. Had a solid red light after install and now it won't do anything and LCD does not work.

SarcasticOP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I am having an issue installing a HWFLY Lite v6 on my Nintendo Switch. I initially installed the mod chip with the flex ribbons that were included and after installation, the LED was blue and then changed to solid red, and was like that for 10 or so minutes. I disconnected the power, did some research, and came across this infographic. From the moment the light came on the mod chip, the LCD did not work any longer.

HWFLY LED Diag.jpg

Looking at the image attached, I concluded it was probably a bad connection with one of the flex ribbons and decided to remove it and run jumper wires from the points on the board to the appropriate test points on the mod chip. I did not use the ground (blue) connection as the ribbon did not have any ground connections, although it did have 3 anchor points, so one may have been ground.

CADB_Revised.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-22 12-53-42.png

From top to bottom, connections are C, A, D, and B. I checked in diag mode and got the following readings.

C- .4412
A- .4339
D- .4406
B- .0000

I also checked the connections with the other ribbon that come with it.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 12-52-27.png

The two connections on the left and the right appear to be secure, so I then checked the continuity and the diode values.

Testing Lower Port.jpg

Pins 1, 2, 5, and 6 all are grounded. Pin 5 shows continuity on both sides of the capacitors I am supposed to solder to the connection points on the flex ribbon (notated in blue). Pins 3 and 4 appear to have continuity with each other as well. When I measured diode values, I got the following.

Pin 1- .0000
Pin 2- .0000
Pin 3- .3642
Pin 4- .3696
Pin 5- .0000
Pin 6- .0000

From here, I am not sure where to proceed. The device does turn on and load into the OS. I can hear buttons being pressed, so I know the console itself is fine. I have another LCD if I need to use it but would like to see if there is anything I can check that may fix it or did I blow it somehow? I did an install on my OLED and had no issues really, everything works as it is supposed to. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game