Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Beginning Guide.

natasdrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Aureuscrush said:
I then get a green kinda book thing over my head and can't leave the village area.
What have I done wrong/have not done/or something else. Help?
After talking to the guild lady just go left. You have to leave the village by boat and not via the gate.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone. I just started playing the game yesterday and I'm hooked. Using SnS atm. Anyways, I've been trying to kill a wild Dosjagii out here, but he'll always limp away back into his hole where I can't get him.

Any idea how I can finish him off to get that 150pts?

Also, I've been trying to catch the Dosjagii for the quest, gonna try it again after reading this little tip on here.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dharmaboy said:
Hey Guys
I am stuck at the part where I have to hunt the big bird but the Giant Wyvern is there as well and follows me everywhere. I am not where strong enough to kill it alone. Shouldn't I have some more hunters with me? all i have is the little acorn guy and he isnt that usefull.

Hey guys any idea, I have been stuck for ever on this. the damn Giant Wyvern keeps attacking me when the Big Bird is near.

Thanks

soopermikimouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyy

im on the first quest with the mushrooms and i cant find the unique mushrooms :/ i can find every other kind but that one lol

aaaany help, advice, maybe a specific number on the map
biggrin.gif

thanks much
smile.gif

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to keep picking at the red-ish looking shrooms and eventually you will get one. Also head down into the cave section where the little Felines live. there are some mushrooms patches to harvest there as well.

Zaxoran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm stuck on the "get three monster livers" quest. Everytime I start to attack Ruthos I get blindsided by the Lagiacrus and have to swim for my life out of the area. I attempt to reenter and try again but it's always there waiting for me. Any advice on how I'm supposed to avoid it?
huh.gif

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's odd you are having Lagiacrus showing up all the time. He disappeared on me after showing up once, and that was in the deep see section where the slow giant fish were. Everytime I went back he disappeared and never returned.

Immorality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres 2 area's where you can get the monster livers after the first encounter with lagiacrus. Just swim to the area where lagiacrus isnt. Although he can popup in either section and blast the shit out of you, just keep your eyes open.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha, i'm actually at the moment where this guide ends. Guess it's no use to me then, but good work for a beginner guide.

Also, i read that the Lagiacrus can walk on land, is it true? Because i had him chase me, and try to get him to follow me up on land, but he just kept crawling into a ball on the ocean floor, making me think he left the area, and then when i went inot the water, he just started chasing me again, i couldn't see the damn thing he looked like a rock! xD Clever monsters are clever, i love the ai in the this game!

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the AI is great. Lagiacrus I'm pretty sure can come on land. You probably didn't threaten it enough for it to chase you.

EDIT: Actually just fought and beat Lagiacrus. He doesn't chase you to land at all like Royal Ludroth does. However he does sometime retreat to land.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dharmaboy said:
Hey Guys
I am stuck at the part where I have to hunt the big bird but the Giant Wyvern is there as well and follows me everywhere. I am not where strong enough to kill it alone. Shouldn't I have some more hunters with me? all i have is the little acorn guy and he isnt that usefull.

Hey guys any idea, I have been stuck for ever on this. the damn Giant Wyvern keeps attacking me when the Big Bird is near.

Thanks

That's pretty easy. When you start the quest walk over to the supplies box (blue box). There should be a couple of dung bombs in it. If not, then you'll have to make one or two yourself. When the Rathian or Great Jaggi comes to help the Ququthingy just throw one dung bomb right on top of it and afterwards, do NOT attack it. It will either go away on it's own or you're out of luck and you'll have to fight the Ququ while avoiding the Rathian. You could just scare away the Jaggi by doing enough damage to it. Be sure to watch out what the Jaggi is doing, sometimes Great Jaggi's will fight the Ququ and in that case it might be a good idea to not attack him.

There is also a way to make sure the Ququ can't call for help. There should also be a couple of Sonic Bombs in the supplies box. Whenever the Ququ is preparing to call for help or is dancing/calling to buff/heal himself throw one right at him. It will make him stop and offers a opportunity for attack. You'll probably have to make a couple yourself if you decide to use the sonic bombs, since you only get two from the supply box.

monkeyhead55 said:
does anyone know how to deliver the giant eggs? I got one and took it to the red box but.... nothing

You can only deliver those kind of eggs when you have to do it for a quest. So unless it's a quest goal, the eggs are useless.

QUOTE(saison @ Feb 7 2010, 09:16 PM)
Hey, everyone. I just started playing the game yesterday and I'm hooked. Using SnS atm. Anyways, I've been trying to kill a wild Dosjagii out here, but he'll always limp away back into his hole where I can't get him.

Any idea how I can finish him off to get that 150pts?

Also, I've been trying to catch the Dosjagii for the quest, gonna try it again after reading this little tip on here.

When a monster is damaged enough, he will run from the area it's in. Sometimes they'll use the normal exits, other times they'll use holes and if they have wings they can even fly away. This, however, does not mean they can't be followed. In order to pinpoint where they are, even if they are in a different area, throw a paintball on them. You can make these yourself by combining a sap plant with a paintberry and during quests where you have to hunt bosses or wyverns you'll usually find them in the supply box. Just throw it straight at the monster you want to track (wyverns/bosses only I believe) and you'll see a big dot on the map representing the location of the monster. When he flees to a different area you'll be able to easily locate him with the paintball. Be sure to pay attention to the map during the fight, because the paintball can wear off if you take too long and you'll have to throw another one at him.

EDIT:
Just noticed those posts are old as hell, there goes my attempt to be helpful.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm afraid you'll still have to use the wiimote for dragging monster names into the list. When your in the menu just press B and point like you would if you were playing with Wiimote + nunchuck. It's irritating, but I'm afraid it's the only way to do it.

You can also go to settings and make the pointer respond to the Wiimote's d-pad which might be better when using the CC. There's no way to make it respond to the CC..

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok quick question. I have been playinjg this for a day now. I said screw you to story mode and have been playing online. I got an Assasin Dagger and full Hunter Armour with upgrades on my Hunter Vest (i tihnk it is) and the helm. Now I did the Help the Hunter quest online but I do not think I can kill Great Jaggi alone offline. I know online monsters have double HP but still. Do you think I can beat him with my armour and weapon. also recommended items or method to kill him?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UnseenHero said:
Ok quick question. I have been playinjg this for a day now. I said screw you to story mode and have been playing online. I got an Assasin Dagger and full Hunter Armour with upgrades on my Hunter Vest (i tihnk it is) and the helm. Now I did the Help the Hunter quest online but I do not think I can kill Great Jaggi alone offline. I know online monsters have double HP but still. Do you think I can beat him with my armour and weapon. also recommended items or method to kill him?

I do believe I beat it with less than, that I've only played offline mode and for awhile I had virtually no armour and one of the basic Sword and Shield upgrades.
If you've learnt what its attacks are you can avoid virtually all of them and if you can manage to stun it, place a trap right under it and start beating the hell out of it it'll give you even longer freedom to knock it's health right down.

I've been told previously that the sword and shield is rubbish for taking down the bigger monster, personally I say that's BS it just takes a little bit longer as I've had no trouble beating them down or capturing them.
smile.gif

Another tactic I've used before is getting the Great Jaggi to kill of it's own minions by luring it's atttacks towards them and rolling out of the way and getting a few hits on it after. it's all about knowing when to dodge and when to beat the living hell out of the Great Jaggi (like most of the big monsters
rofl2.gif
).

If someone tells you to use a certain weapon and your not that comfortable with that weapon simply don't use it, use the weapon your most comfortable with and improvise (traps aren't just for catching them
wink.gif
they can slow them down too).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof