Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Beginning Guide.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great Guide!
this has helped me quite a bit.

I am totally lost for a few things.[*]How do I eat the meat I cook on the BBQ spit?[*]Where are the goldfish ( know Moga Forest but which area)?[*]How do I fix my sword in a quest to get it back to working order? *Edit* Okay i figured what the Whet was for LOLThanks

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone figure out how to use the Samurai dude, fish lady, or the farm yet?

I'm getting along well in the game itself, but with only items translated, those things are tough to understand. I wish someone made a guide for the stuff like that.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RyderJ
I figured the fish lady basically allows you to send boats out to fish for you. You can take what you want and sell the rest.
The Samurai guy I think is a trader where you can exchange goods for other goods.
I think for the farm you can ask the old guy to tell the cat to harvest things for you. I just kind of clicked around and got it to work.

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, yeah, I was messing around with it as much as I could. I tried the farm, and ended up losing a couple hundred points to end up with a couple crappy harvested goods. It's not exactly the Pokke farm I was used to.

Clicking around didn't get me anywhere with the Samurai, and I got lost in the options with the fishing lady. If there's nothing to lose, I'll just try more options, and maybe eventually figure it out.

PS, in answer to your previous question, you just need to navigate to the cooked meat, and then use it. And goldenfish are in a lot of areas with fish, you just need to learn to recognize them by sight, and leave/come back to areas to try to make them appear.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok cool
I was doing the 2 star monster liver quest which means killing the sand fish with the sails. well I killed a ton of them but got only 2 livers and no matter how many i killed I had no luck. I eventually failed the mission.

strange thing is that I used the english conversion update to have the menus and items show up in english with the rest being japanese but unfortunately all my items had messed up namings.

Wonder what I did wrong?

I think I might need to redo my USB loader image.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question for G0DLike,
I did the final Release Eng. patch. I have the cheats enabled but...for some reason my english text seem to be out of whack. I am not sure what I could have done wrong. Release 3 worked fine...I wonder if I should go back to that relese....if its even available anymore.

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to use the cheat patch, all the names looked like they were moved over an inch, cutting off the first couple characters.

Then I just patched a new iso with the release and it worked fine.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yo Ryder,
I tried 2 different ISO's and same result. The writing is off to the side and the items are all misnamed.

Oh well. I can just live with Rev3

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello
I am doing the final quest in the Tier **
I was wondering what is the strategy for capturing the big king Jagii? I tried the shock mine and hit him with a couple of tranq-bombs but no luck.

Thanks

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dharmaboy said:
Hello
I am doing the final quest in the Tier **
I was wondering what is the strategy for capturing the big king Jagii? I tried the shock mine and hit him with a couple of tranq-bombs but no luck.

Thanks
You need to weaken him first, of course. Wait until he limps away. Let him, wait a bit, and then follow. He'll be asleep. Stick a shock trap under him, it should wake him up. When he's stunned, throw a couple tranqs at his face.

Anyone have any tips for the Lagiacrus urgent? I can't seem to kill him fast enough, and I've got the best weapons available to me at my level. I never get killed by him or anything, but every time I've tried, I run out of time before he dies. Which is really infuriating, as it means I've already sunk an hour into the attempt. Back in the older games, I barely ever ran out of time... it'd only happen if I was goofing off for half the time. But this guy just won't die.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Dharmaboy said:
Question for G0DLike,
I did the final Release Eng. patch. I have the cheats enabled but...for some reason my english text seem to be out of whack. I am not sure what I could have done wrong. Release 3 worked fine...I wonder if I should go back to that relese....if its even available anymore.

Sry to answer this late but short of time nowadays... I did experience the same, how do you load it? DVD? USB Loader?

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey godlike,
I use usb Loader GX, use the Ocarina to load the cheat file as per the instructions. What I get is partial writing for the item names. even the wrong names for certain items etc.

I have tried a few different images as well and patched them to Final Version. After those failed I just went back to Rel3.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Dharmaboy said:
Hey godlike,
I use usb Loader GX, use the Ocarina to load the cheat file as per the instructions. What I get is partial writing for the item names. even the wrong names for certain items etc.

I have tried a few different images as well and patched them to Final Version. After those failed I just went back to Rel3.

Ok,

AFAIK when using USB Loader GX the cheat code has to be in the codes folder which is in root/usbloader_gx/codes(if its not there create it and place the cheat file in there). Try this.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I can confirm I have done this. I know it works as I have turned on the infinite Z as a test and sure enough I have infinite cash. the bummer is that it's permanent and I didnt want to do that.

oh well. Any other ideas. Thanks

haroichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
can someone help me? im stuck in the first 1star quest!! it says get 3 mushrooms but i keep taking mushrooms from the ground until i run out of time! and i cant get into the village, is there a special place where i need to take the mushrooms or i need to do something special to end the quest ? this is driving me crazy i tried a lot of times and is always the same.

haroichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
gadgeteduk said:
take your mushrooms to the red box at location 2 the base camp
thank a lot ! i finally did it but now i have alredy completed 4 of 6 quest for the 1stars quest. what i have to do to get the urgent quest?

Aureuscrush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm kind of stuck on the mushroom quest. Whenever I talk to the guild lady and try and accept the quest, least that's what I think I'm doing. I then get a green kinda book thing over my head and can't leave the village area.
What have I done wrong/have not done/or something else. Help?

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys
I am stuck at the part where I have to hunt the big bird but the Giant Wyvern is there as well and follows me everywhere. I am not where strong enough to kill it alone. Shouldn't I have some more hunters with me? all i have is the little acorn guy and he isnt that usefull.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Make sure you smack my booty daddy +1